x

More Options

1. I sell pizzas.  I've called, I've posted on here, and I don't know what else to do to get something done about this but we sell pizzas.  I would like to see a Pizza shape on the screen so I can select which side the toppings go on. 

2. I want to be able to text coupons to customers who sign up.

3. I wan to be able to make my OWN codes "FREE PIZZA"   "FREE DRINK" and make a coupon in the newspaper listing this code which I can have a selected expiration date.

4. At the end of the night, we count the money.  When closing, I have to get a seperate piece of paper to write the totals down and then add it all up to place the "total" into the Ipad.  I would LOVE to see an option where I can place the totals of each amount of cash and coins received without having to use a seperate piece of paper.

5. I pay for Square Marketing.  I see where it has the max amount which can be used but it doesn't have the MIN amount.  I think we could increase sales by saying "Spend $10.00 and save 10%" vs being able to use the 10% on anything; including a item that might be under $1.

6. If we're out of an item, I would like to be able to select an option to where the employees can't select the item which is out when taking someone's order.  I know I can go into the system and take it out being saying "no location"; but I don't think thats the solution.

7. If a employee voids or refunds something out, I would like to receive a text message or email.  I know I can set it up with a manager code to where the manager has to approve it but I'd rather have the option for a text message or email.

8. When looking at old transactions, I wish it would show more information.  I would like to type in more things in the search options and have things pop up without having to look at every single transaction for the day to find something I need.

9. I'd like the option if someone wants to pay by CHECK that I can make square ask more questions like: "Driver's license number" "Check Number" so the employee doesn't forget to place it into the notes (I want this to go along with number 8, I want to search for this info.)

10. a few other options, I would like the square to take a picture every time the cash register is opened without a transaction and the option for the cashier to take a picture of the costumer for security reasons if need be.

11. I think a built in security button in the app would be nice and it would alert the manager or whoever (even law enforcement for a robbery)  through text message or other means.

My credit card sales have increased using the square which means, I'm losing money to Square because my year end sale totals are still the same as past years. I'd like my voice to be heard and more progress in the square as you're making a lot of money off of me.  It seems most of the updates are geared toward buying extra products from square.  I'm tired of them notifications.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Beta Member

Brian, I find your post intersting as we are a pizza shop about to take the square plunge.  1. How did you split your pizzas in your menu?  And how are you losing money to them? Was your credit card processing fees lower than theirs with your previous system? Thanks!

Lori

Message 2 of 3
Admin

Hey @brian_maskey,

Thanks for taking the time to lay this out and sorry for our delayed response with this post.

I had the chance to review your requests with some fellow team members and, while we see how these would help many similar business, we aren't able to offer a streamlined solution to the degree that you've outlined at this time.

For now, we've partnered with a handful of restaurant-focused services who may be able to help check some of the items on this list. Learn more in the online Square Dashboard > App Marketplace > Restaurant Management.

In addition, you may want to review our Payment API options with a developer to see if they are able to assist with creating any immediate solutions. More details available on our developer page: Square Payments and eCommerce APIs.

Finally, I am surfacing your points with our Point of Sale and Restaurant teams. They're constantly making improvements based on the feedback we receive from sellers. Please do keep in touch and if any other sellers have come across a process that may help—feel free to weigh in!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 3 of 3