x
Beta Member

Sort Employee Sales Report by Alpha?

Today is the first day for us doing payroll using Square for Restaurants. What in the holy hell were the engineers thinking in designing the reports?

We use the employee sales report to see what we owe our employees for tips. The information is there, but the sorting of the report seems to be set to random? Maybe I'm missing some button somewhere, but how can we sort reports by employee name?

Message 1 of 4
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Sort Employee Sales Report by Alpha?

Hello @dejavunola, welcome to the Seller Community! 🎉

Ordering the Employee Sales report alphabetically is a feature request. I understand why you want this and although it's not available right now I have a work around for you. 

You can order Employee Sales by last name if you create a Custom Report under the Sales Tab. Once you're on this tab you'll see Create New Report in the top right corner of your screen. After selecting this you'll be on the Report Builder page. From here choose Add Report > Employee Sales. You should see all of your employees in the far left column. Click on the grey cell that says Name. Clicking on this will order employees alphabetically. 

If you have any questions please feel free to reach out to me. 🙂

3 REPLIES 3

Hello @dejavunola, welcome to the Seller Community! 🎉

Ordering the Employee Sales report alphabetically is a feature request. I understand why you want this and although it's not available right now I have a work around for you. 

You can order Employee Sales by last name if you create a Custom Report under the Sales Tab. Once you're on this tab you'll see Create New Report in the top right corner of your screen. After selecting this you'll be on the Report Builder page. From here choose Add Report > Employee Sales. You should see all of your employees in the far left column. Click on the grey cell that says Name. Clicking on this will order employees alphabetically. 

If you have any questions please feel free to reach out to me. 🙂

Message 2 of 4

Hi Chad, can the Sales Report tab be found on the phone app?

Message 3 of 4

Hello @Infused_Nola

You'll have to head to the Square Dashboard to create this report! 

Message 4 of 4