x

Need to be able to fully export loyalty data

I was promoting for my loyalty program for customers to get a free product after spending $150 in my store and I set it us so they would get a star after every $15 - so 10 stars = a free product.  I thought Square remembered amounts over the star thesholds and applied that to future sales, but I recently found out that is not the case and stars are only awarded per transaction and anything over is lost.  For example.  if someone spent $48, they would get 3 stars and I thought Square remembered the extra $3 so if they spent $12 on their next visit, they would get another star.  This is NOT how it works.  The $3 is lost and not applied to future sales for loyalty rewards.

Now I need to be able to export for all of my loyalty customers a) the number of stars earned (along with how they were earned i.e. by sales or for signing up for things like entering their email), b) stars redeemed, c) stars remaining and d) detailed total sales per transaction so that I can manually add stars to "make it right" with my customers.  Going forward, we have changed the wording of our loyalty program to match what Square really does.  

Is there such a report that exports all of data for the loyalty club?  I have not been able to find it.  Since the loyalty club is NOT tied to the customer database (and therfore the annoying requirement to ask the customer twice in one transcation for their phone number - once to add the customer and again on the loyalty screen) and sales transactions, there is no easy way for me to tie loyalty data to the sales transaction report.

Thanks

Message 1 of 8
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Hello @thewickworks_gb this is an interesting question. I had to do quite a bit of searching before hand. Currently we do not offer a CSV report that breaks down by customer, loyalty stars, and amount spent per transaction. 

Just for clarification the Customer Directory can track Loyalty Stars. On your Directory if you pull up a customers profile it will have the activity toward the bottom. Loyalty Stars will look similar to the one below.

If you click on the blue view details link it will pull up the transaction details. I know it's not anywhere close to being perfect or even good, but it should provide all the information you need to manually adjust stars for your customers. 

I will make sure to pass your request for this report to our Product Team! I do think a report with this information could be helpful in more ways than one. 

If you have any questions please let me know! I'll do my best to help. 😀

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Best Answer

Hello @thewickworks_gb this is an interesting question. I had to do quite a bit of searching before hand. Currently we do not offer a CSV report that breaks down by customer, loyalty stars, and amount spent per transaction. 

Just for clarification the Customer Directory can track Loyalty Stars. On your Directory if you pull up a customers profile it will have the activity toward the bottom. Loyalty Stars will look similar to the one below.

If you click on the blue view details link it will pull up the transaction details. I know it's not anywhere close to being perfect or even good, but it should provide all the information you need to manually adjust stars for your customers. 

I will make sure to pass your request for this report to our Product Team! I do think a report with this information could be helpful in more ways than one. 

If you have any questions please let me know! I'll do my best to help. 😀

Message 2 of 8

Thanks - I did see that detail but with over 1000 loyalty customers, going that route is too time consuming. If any customers question the new wording and their current status, I'll just have to explain what happened and adjust the stars for the customers that are really upset that they lost overage dollars on every prior transaction toward accumulating loyalty points.  At least in the short term can Square update the loyalty program configuration pages to make it very clear that loyalty points are earned per transaction and overage is not carried over to future transactions?  Hopefully that is just a wording/cosmetic change on your web site which doesn't require a lot of coding and testing.  

Message 3 of 8

@thewickworks_gb with over 1000 customers you're right. It would take months for you to fix it by hand. I'm not sure if a specific Loyalty report is in the works right now, but if I hear anything I will make sure to update this thread. 

I've also moved this post to the features section of the Seller Community so our product managers can take a look at your suggestion regarding the content! 

Message 4 of 8

this feature was discussed in 2017 - has it happened it?

Message 5 of 8

The original post is from 2 years ago so I'm wondering if this has been fixed yet? We also would like a CSV of our customer loyalty data. Thanks.

Message 6 of 8
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @FM! Good to hear from you again. Thanks for reaching out.

While there is no formal update here for this feature from the Online Dashboard, you may want to take a look at this thread from @beanfosters - it looks like they have had some success in contacting our Support Team to help with an export of Loyalty data!

Let me know if you have any questions! I am here to help.

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 7 of 8

Thanks, Joe! Will do! 

Message 8 of 8