x
Beta Member

VOID option so necessary!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Can we have a void option in the Square for Retail app??? Pretty please with a cherry on top?!?

Do you understand how messed up my reporting is because my sales reports show REFUNDS when it should be showing VOIDS? I'm so frustrated by this!

As business owners (especially retail), we should be able to look at our reports and gain an understanding of what's going on with our business - i.e. Why are customers returning items and receiving refunds? Which employees have the most voided transactions and why? Do we need to change our policies and procedures based on what we're seeing in our reports?

What should be classified as a Void should never show up as a Refund! One of the reasons to go with a technology-based POS system is for the reporting ability without all of the pencil and paper work of the old-fashioned cash registers - which included a void button!!! Seriously Square! YOU are not responsible for other people's poor choices if they choose to report unethically, but you should be responsible for providing the necessary tools your paying customers are asking for.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hey @SmartyPantsJane, I'm really sorry to hear about the trouble this is causing. I went to check for updates on this request and—while there aren't any updates that I can offer right now—hopefully Helen's workaround helps for the time being. Have a look at her reply in "Void and comp for Retail?" and let us know if anything else comes up. We'll announce any updates that come through.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 2