x

Is there a way to make partial payments towards an invoice?

Is there a way to make partial payments towards an invoice?

Is there a way 2 take partial payments 4 an invoice?

2 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: Is there a way to make partial payments towards an invoice?

Little late with an update here, but wanted to make sure y'all know this is possible with Square Progress Invoices!

You can schedule multiple payments on a Square Invoice by following these steps 

Joe
Verified Answer

Re: Is there a way to make partial payments towards an invoice?

Hi there, @LiaJmt - thanks for adding your voice here and checking in on this feature! Good to hear from you. Same to you, @BIONICONE - welcome! 

You may be looking specifically for our newly introduced Deposit Feature for Invoices. This will also allow you to create a single invoice to track multiple payments and reduce the amount of time you have to spend reconciling multiple payments (deposit, follow-up payments) to a single transaction or sale.

Let me know if this is what you're looking for! 

336 Comments

Any update on this? I am using invoices to run open accounts (since square doesn't have a 'tab' feature for Retail), and sometimes customers want to make a partial payment towards their open account.

So what is the status of this feature?!?! I tell customers they can pay half the balance on that day and the rest when the job is done (at a later date), but it obviously will not let us split by date yet. All I see is the ability to split by types of payments.  

Anyone have an answer since the attempt at an answers and speaking in circles from 2018??

Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @LiaJmt - thanks for adding your voice here and checking in on this feature! Good to hear from you. Same to you, @BIONICONE - welcome! 

You may be looking specifically for our newly introduced Deposit Feature for Invoices. This will also allow you to create a single invoice to track multiple payments and reduce the amount of time you have to spend reconciling multiple payments (deposit, follow-up payments) to a single transaction or sale.

Let me know if this is what you're looking for! 

Hi There, I am starting a rental business and would like to know if there is a feature that allows me to request a deposit/partial payment on an invoice from the customer in advance to there arrival.  Then once the deposit is captured the invoice adjusts. 

The remainder of the invoice will likely be paid in person using the Square up terminal or by cash in person. If done through the terminal, will this automatically adjust the invoice to reflect paid in full? Can I manually mark the invoice paid if the customer decided to pay the remaining balance by cash or email money transfer?

Also, as our rental equipment provider, I would like to find a way to capture a refundable security deposit,  can you advise on how to do this? if not possible, a possible alternate way to capture this? 

Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @gosling88 👋Welcome here to the Seller Community! Happy to have you make your first post!

I've gone ahead and merged your post into an existing thread of Sellers who were also looking for information regarding inquiring into deposits and partial payments on Invoices.

Yes - you can also mark an Invoice as manually paid outside of Square, as well!

In regards to a security deposit, check out this helpful thread as well!

Alumni

Little late with an update here, but wanted to make sure y'all know this is possible with Square Progress Invoices!

You can schedule multiple payments on a Square Invoice by following these steps