x

Does Square Appointments offer double booking?

Beta Member

Does Square Appointments offer double booking?

I'm a hairstylist and regularly 'power' or 'double' book my clients during haircolor services to maximize my schedule and earnings.  For example, I schedule my highlight & haircut service at 3 hours:  this gives me an hour to highlight, one hour for the client to process, and the last hour for the cut and blowdry.  During that hour of processing time, I schedule another client for a color and/or cut service.  Is this something that can be done with Square Appointments?  So far, it looks like if a client books me for a highlight & cut at noon, I'd be unavailible for any other bookings until 3pm...  I need to show availibity for a 1pm appt.

2 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: Double Booking Appointments

Hi there @jjohnstone 👋

We introduced the processing time feature last year, which enables your clients to book appointments during your down time.

You can learn more about how this works here, but be sure to let me know if this isn't what you were looking for!

P.S. Welcome to the Seller Community!

Verified Answer

Re: Square Appointments: How do I book clients in between processing time?

Kinda tricky.

The service duration + the block time for the service has to be less than the processing time. It gets complicated if both services have processing time. It has to puzzle together perfectly in order to work. 

It could also be be the calendar settings for when times can be booked. Typically we suggest setting the processing time to  According to service duration within Appts Dashboard > Settings > Calendar & Booing > Appointments are scheduled. 

@Hannahchristine

162 Comments
Square Community Moderator

@citygrows

Ah I see! Adding processing time allows you to double book if you need to - even during the processing time. 

You will want to set the processing time in the Service through your Service Library on your Dashboard. 

My clients are booking tutoring times. Many of the parents want to book "every Wednesday at 5" but I can't figure out how to change my settings so that they can do that all in one transaction. As of now, they have to go in and do one at a time. Please help, I'm sure this will cause me to get fewer appointments.

Square Community Moderator

Hi @SusieScana I've merged your post with an existing thread that will help answer your question. Thank you!

Beta Member

This doesn’t fix the problem for example if I want to hold a class and have multiple people book in at a certain time I can’t do it.

im only new to square but I was looking forward to having it as a process in my business but if I’m not able to do this then I might have to go elsewhere considering I have made purchases for card readers and accessories.

or is there a work around for my situation?

i have also requested to join the beta team 

Admin

@RevFitPT

This definitely is not a solution to group classes with Square Appointments, and intended to be used by service providers who have overlapping schedules and bookable times. Class scheduling is something that is a constant feature request, and I'll see if I can get some insight to the roadmap for this kind of supported feature.

Beta Member

Ok thank you very much for your response and I will have to keep a eye out for any updates regarding the class/group booking appointments feature that I really need and hope is implemented. Thank you

Beta Member

Im interested, how do i get started?

Admin

@Misslisha09 

This beta is active and available for General Audience. 

You can read all about this feature on our Support Center!

Beta Member

Hey everyone, how do I book clients in between processing time? It doesn’t allow my clients to book in the gaps where my clients are processing. This is necessary for me! 

Alumni

Kinda tricky.

The service duration + the block time for the service has to be less than the processing time. It gets complicated if both services have processing time. It has to puzzle together perfectly in order to work. 

It could also be be the calendar settings for when times can be booked. Typically we suggest setting the processing time to  According to service duration within Appts Dashboard > Settings > Calendar & Booing > Appointments are scheduled. 

@Hannahchristine