x

How to create processing time after a hair color service?

How to create processing time after a hair color service?

I just downloaded and set my Square appointment app. But as a hairdresser, I am able to take a client while my other client is processing after applying her color. Is there a way to have a gap of free time after a color service? or do i have maually do it myself?

1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: How to create processing time after a hair color service? - Status changed to: Fixed

We have launched this to production and you are now able to add processing time to your appointments. For information check out our Product Update:

Create a Service with processing times

1. Navigate to the Items tab of your online Square Dashboard.
  2. Select Service Library > Create Service.
  3. Under Duration toggle on Add Processing time.
  4. Click on the Processing Time Duration field and select the duration of your processing time.
  5. Once you’re done creating your service, click Save

Read more in our Support Center

27 Comments
Beta Member

Hi there. Just came across your post. I'm so sorry for your frustration. I actually own an official Square Partner company called ThinApp and we create custom and out-of-the-box solutions for Square Sellers. 

We've actually been doing a ton of very advanced work for some big salon chains and clients lately and my partner's fiance (and her family) owns salons also who we've done a huge booking project for. Let me know if we can chat for about 10 min? There are so many overall ways to book that I want to make sure what your overall preference is because we're actually finishing up a custom booking solution for Square right now. - Thanks! - Kenscreenshot_appointments_app.pngstudio_meraki_app.pngscreenshot_booked_schedule.png

Hi Ken, 

Thanks for your message !

Unfortunately this is making us even more confuse about what Square trying to do with such a simple feature and taking so long for it. Think we would like to just keeping it simple by continuing using Shedul with a bank efptos machine in a couple month if this feature is still not being launched.

Thanks again 

Alumni

Hi @CocoHairAK

We definitely hear you on this, and thanks for the additional insight. While we are simultaneously working on multiple feature requests and product launches, we don't have a specific date for when these features may be released. Our product teams are constantly looking through our seller's feedback to make necessary improvements. We appreciate your patience and will be sure to alert you when any new changes arise. 

[This reply was created from merging an existing thread: How do I create a 30 minute gap between an appointment to fit in another appointment?]

Say I book a color with haircut for 1 hr 30 min, that client will need to process for 30 minutes in-between, in this time I could do another clients 30 minute service, or even another color application with haircut.   

Alumni

Thanks for taking the time to detail why it would be beneficial for you to be able to schedule appointments when you have free time during an ongoing appointment, @Sirena13. This has been a highly requested feature - we're working on it! Keep your eyes peeled, and we'll update this thread as soon as we have any news.

Admin
Status changed to: Fixed

Processing time has now launched in Square Appointments.

With Square Appointments you are able to use processing time to let clients book during downtimes of existing appointments, right from your online booking site. Adding processing time to your services allows you to account for downtime, stay organized, and earn more with added bookings.

Check out more on our Support Center!

Admin
Status changed to: Fixed

We have launched this to production and you are now able to add processing time to your appointments. For information check out our Product Update:

Create a Service with processing times

1. Navigate to the Items tab of your online Square Dashboard.
  2. Select Service Library > Create Service.
  3. Under Duration toggle on Add Processing time.
  4. Click on the Processing Time Duration field and select the duration of your processing time.
  5. Once you’re done creating your service, click Save

Read more in our Support Center