x

Will Square ever make itself available to the Windows Surface and Phone Platforms?

Will Square ever make itself available to the Windows Surface and Phone Platforms?

I have windows phones, mostly due to functional necessities. However, I do need to use a swip card for upcoming conventions.  Will Square ever work with Windows Phone?  Or should I look into another service?

Also, being forced to "ask the community" instead of an actual square representative is more than a little disconcerting regarding how Square operates.

1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Will Square ever make itself available to the Windows Surface and Phone Platforms?

I’m confused. Why are you not using Square Appointments? It’s free for individuals. I apologize in advance as I’m not great at going back and reading every reply in the thread.

44 Comments

Just a quick question. Is there a Square Dashboard app for Windows 10.

I am not looking at using the virtual terminal (I already have a virtual terminal) I just want to have a dedicated Widows 10 app for Square Dashboard as an alternative to logging on via the website each and every time.

Thanks

Square Community Moderator

Welcome to the Community, @Plitio

Currently, there isn't a desktop app like you're describing. I appreciate you reaching out about this because it's great feedback I can give to our Product Team for a Feature Request. 

It's something to look into as our products & platforms grow, as well as technology changing too. 

Keep an eye out for any Product Updates for upcoming launches. 

Beta Member

With multiple POS now on the market offering competitive prices...... Why won't square make a windows app? All I want to do is use my appointments app with the card reader. I don't want to waste time to key in the card # in the virtual dashboard. Not to mention it cost us more to not swipe. 

Beta Member

I’m confused. Why are you not using Square Appointments? It’s free for individuals. I apologize in advance as I’m not great at going back and reading every reply in the thread.