x

Feature Request: Allow customers to look up their Square Gift Card Balance

Beta Member

Feature Request: Allow customers to look up their Square Gift Card Balance

I am wondering if there is any way for our customers to lookup their gift card balance other than contacting the merchant directly?

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Is there a way for the customer to search the balance of their gift card other than contacting me?

1 Verified Answer
Tom
Verified Answer

Re: Feature Request: Allow customers to look up their Square Gift Card Balance

Hello Sellers — I have some good news to share on this request. Your customers can now check their gift card balance as well as reload their existing gift cards themselves.🎉 Learn more in this product update: New: Reload gift cards online.

Hopefully, this update resolves the need for your customer to contact your business directly. If you have any questions or feedback, let us know by clicking the "Tell us what you think!" button at the bottom of the announcement post.

34 Comments
Beta Member

I haven't looked through to see if they have changed it. I hope they have because I feel that:

1: Allowing our customers to have access to their gift card info is necessary so they feel confident using their gift card.

2. I also feel that as a retailer, giving an incentive for gift cards to be returned helps save money out of our pockets for new gift cards

3. Allowing the customer to choose their personal pin gives extra security for their purchases AS WELL AS giving the shop owner a sense of confidence when a previously purchased card has been resold and the new card holder will attach their own pin# so the previous gift card holders can't access it even if they wrote down the card #.

I hope they update it to do that, but at least now they have virtual gift cards... that was also a much needed addition to sellers options. 👍

Beta Member

If anyone still has the un-customized gift cards, its a very good idea to have a sheet of labels printed out so the Sellers store and business info is on the card... 

Admin

Hello Sellers — I have some good news to share on this request. Your customers can now check their gift card balance as well as reload their existing gift cards themselves.🎉 Learn more in this product update: New: Reload gift cards online.

Hopefully, this update resolves the need for your customer to contact your business directly. If you have any questions or feedback, let us know by clicking the "Tell us what you think!" button at the bottom of the announcement post.

Admin
Status changed to: Delivered