x

Can I use the Loyalty Program with Square Invoices?

Can I use the Loyalty Program with Square Invoices?

So my business is mainly an online boutique soI send invoices for items purchased.  Can the loyalty program still work via invoices or does it have to be an acutal card swiped?

2 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: Can I use the Loyalty Program with Square Invoices?

I thought I wanted Loyalty points on my invoices but I'm actually preferring it not to be. 

If someone pays me right away for my product/service they get the points. If they want "terms" where I invoice them for a later date or multiple payments they don't get the points.

It's nice to say "sure I can invoice you and you can make a payment over a period of time but you don't get your loyalty points!" Provides an incentive to pay in full up front. 

Verified Answer

Re: Loyalty Program good with Invoices

Unfortunately, Square's Loyalty program does not integrate with Square Invoices. I absolutely see how it would be useful to have that feature on our Square Invoices.

121 Comments
Beta Member

Since the pandemic started, we have pivoted our business where we now do a lot more invoices than we did before. Right now, my customers are not automatically receiving their Loyalty points through purchases made on Invoices and it's something I am hoping can be added soon.

Square should allow us to connect Invoices to Square Loyalty so that if customer matches the Loyalty account, their purchases should be reflected on their Loyalty account.

Can this be done?

Any update on the loyalty program?  By that I mean, my business is double-threaded.  I have a website set up on Square AND I have a thriving Facebook business for which I invoice on Square.  The loyalty program needs to be seamless between the two (2), but instead I don't pay for Square Loyalty and track my program myself by hand.  On the lookout in 2021 for a tool that will meet all of my business needs.  I don't understand why you continue to ignore the requests for this.

Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @frelardtamales 👋 Thanks for reaching out to us again here on the Seller Community!

I've gone ahead and merged your post into an existing thread of Sellers who were also looking for information regarding connecting Loyalty and Invoices. Currently, this feature remains a Feature Request which we look to implement down the road.

Should anything come down the pipeline, we will reach back out to you here and let you know! Thanks, again!

Alumni

While this is still considered a feature request, I've moved your post to this thread where others have expressed interest in this capability. If we have an update to share in regards to this feature request, we'll be sure to drop one here so you'll be notified about the change, @Yoda341!

How can coupon codes sent via text marketing be applied to invoices?  I just signed up for text marketing but I'm not sure how to apply the discounts to the invoices I generate.

Hi @everydaysparkle! Welcome to the Seller Community. 🙂

This is currently a feature request, but you can create an invoice and apply a discount manually if you want to give your customers the same benefits as the coupon codes. 

I've also merged your post to an existing thread so we can keep all the feedback in one place. 

Beta Member

Are people able to collect point on invoicing? As far as I can tell, no, but I'm not sure if I'm missing something when sending invoices.

Welcome back to the Community, @pinkbakingco

Right now, being able to earn points on invoices is still a Feature Request. 

I moved your post to a thread where other sellers have posted about this too! Once there is more information on this request, one of our Community Moderators will post a Product Update. 

Appreciate you taking the time to post here! 

Super Seller

I thought I wanted Loyalty points on my invoices but I'm actually preferring it not to be. 

If someone pays me right away for my product/service they get the points. If they want "terms" where I invoice them for a later date or multiple payments they don't get the points.

It's nice to say "sure I can invoice you and you can make a payment over a period of time but you don't get your loyalty points!" Provides an incentive to pay in full up front. 

Due to covid we do more invoicing than walking for the pos regester or online sales.  If invoices were included, myself and others I believe will signup with your loyalty program in a heart beat.  I just don't understand why those who are invoiced are being singled out.