x

Feature request for Invoices: Inventory is updated when an invoice is created (not when it is paid)

Feature request for Invoices: Inventory is updated when an invoice is created (not when it is paid)

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Square invoices now syncs with Square Inventory

Thanks for adding this feature, but I agree with TomLittle above.  The feature is not usable until there is a way to reduce the inventory on CREATION of the invoice.

The whole point of having inventory tracking is to know how much you have left to sell.  You can't have an accurate idea if inventory that is actually "sold" is still included in the "available" category.

Please complete this functionality ASAP.   

3 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: Feature request for Invoices: Inventory is updated when an invoice is created (not when it is pa

It's a money grab it's never going to happen it hasn't happened in all these years and years and years. we know it works in other systems.  Square wants the invoice to be paid, so they get their cut, which is fine but give us the ability to take it out of inventory.  You're biting off your nose to spite your face.

Verified Answer

Re: Feature request for Invoices: Inventory is updated when an invoice is created (not when it is pa

So you mean to tell me that Square did all this work on INVOICES and didn't work on the Invoicing and Inventory issue with people SCREAMING FOR YEARS to have inventory reduced after invoice is created.  You have got to be kidding me.  I've been patient, but have had enough.  GET SOMEONE THAT CAN MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!!!  THIS IS ABSOLUTELY UNACCEPTABLE AT THIS POINT.  PRETTY MUCH STUPIDITY.  Adding all the fluff that we don't need is crazy.  WE NEED THIS INVOICE ABILITY NOW!!!!!!   Get the word to anyone and everyone.  Post their emails so we can bombard them directly.  I feel our voices are NOT BEING HEARD!!!  We want answers.

Verified Answer

Re: Stock Counts Not Changing Upon Invoicing

Items added to invoices won't decrement inventory until the invoice is paid, not when it's created. From Dashboard, make to enable Inventory Management for Invoices within Items > Settings so stock amounts reflect accurately with each Invoice sale. 

@blessednaildiva

217 Comments

@ashc @Helen Please, please, please! Bring this to the top of your list! This feature is essential for our business to flow properly without having tons of inventory issues daily - and it has been requested by SO MANY business owners. Can you provide insight as to how the feature requests work and how priority is given to feature requests?

Beta Member

When I create an invoice, my inventory does not change until the invoice is paid.  So I still show stock in my online store, even though I sold out via invoices from orders given in other means.

Is there a way to have the inventory adjusted while I am waiting on the invoice to be paid?

When invoice is sent, then inventory is adjusted.  So then the invoice gets paid, transaction completed.  

Or is there a better way to process phone orders, or orders taken via Facebook?

Alumni

Hello @ask0873,

Thank you for posting in the Seller Community. Welcome.

Currently, the inventory workflow you are experiencing is expected behavior. 

We definitely see how it could benefit your business model. Our teams are constantly looking through our seller's feedback to make necessary improvements, and we will be sure to let you know if anything ever changes or if new updates are released. 

It would be a great feature if we had the ability to run a report that adjusts levels of Stock after an invoice has been raised but not yet Paid.

I have the same issue, see this post 

I have been working around the problem disabling inventory tracking for invoices and updating manually the quantities manually before adding the items to the invoice.

I have anyway hit another issue today - if the invoice is paid via POS, then the stock quantities are updated automatically (regardless on the invoice inventory setting). As a result, all the stock counts are now messed up - if the invoice is paid by POS the items are deducted twice (once manually when adding the items, and once automatically once the invoice is paid)...

EDIT: I have tried to replicate and I cannot replicate the issue above. It definitely happened in an instance with a customer - we'll keep an eye on it.

Alumni

Thanks for sharing your ideas! Adjusting stock when an invoice is created is a feature request our Product Team is currently tracking. 

No news yet on its availability, but we'll announce an update when there's news to share.  @Lafka

this is an issue for me as well. I have many locals who for one reason or another dont' want to shop on the online store, so they text, call or even email me to invoice them for xyz. Only many of my items are 1-offs, or small inventory, and until they actually PAY the invoice, my stock in my online store (which I have many customers who DO shop there) shows the items are IN stock...even though they are actually sold out....and if I manually adjust my inventory so the stock shows sold out for my online store, once the invoice does get paid, I then have a negative number in my inventory, because after payment, the stock is automatically updated. this is a crazy way to do business...PLEASE MAKE THIS A PRIORITY UPDATE.....

I created two invoices today and noticed that the stock counts for the items on those invoices remain unchanged.  Normally when I create an invoice the stock counts get reduced by the number of items I include in the invoice.  Has there been a change in the invoicing or stock counting functionality?

Alumni

Items added to invoices won't decrement inventory until the invoice is paid, not when it's created. From Dashboard, make to enable Inventory Management for Invoices within Items > Settings so stock amounts reflect accurately with each Invoice sale. 

@blessednaildiva

Beta Member

I agree that this feature needs to be implemented.  Really, 4 years and Square still hasn't been able to comprehend why this needs to be fixed immediately?

Another issue I am having with Invoices and inventory, I cannot see how much inventory is available for an item when I add it to an invoice, and there is no low stock/out of stock popup alert like you would get on the POS Retail app either, am I missing something?