x
Super Seller

Retail furniture stores trends

Hello, just curious how other Retail furniture stores and decor are doing so far in 2024? I'm in Central Michigan and it has been our best winter season so far. I should also add its been warmest winter I can remember. We have been really selling a lot of home decor items as well! I started a couple of years ago adding more and decor to the store and it really does help. Not everyone needs a new kitchen table or couch, but they usually never leave empty handed. Just curious how others have been doing? Have a great day and an amazing 2024!

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Admin

Great to hear that this has been your best winter season so far!

Tagging @Candlestore@TCSlaguna@homeprogreen@DLRosenberg, and @coteaucottage to weigh in too!

Max Pete
Community Engagement Program Manager, Square
Seller Community
Message 2 of 17
Super Seller

Thank you! ๐Ÿ˜Š like I said it's just been an odd winter for us and was curious if other retail furniture stores were experiencing the same thing?

Message 3 of 17
Super Seller

I added some small home decor items to the lineup in the shop over the last year or so and while they wonโ€™t pay the rent itโ€™s been a nice little stream of additional revenue 

Message 4 of 17
Super Seller

The additional decor really did help with my business as well. It dresses the store up, I can group different couches and chairs together with coffee tables and end tables with just dressing them up a bit. I've noticed a good 50% of my customers tend to buy the whole grouping. You are ๐Ÿ’ฏ correct it doesn't pay the lease but it adds up fast! Good luck to you and have a great 2024.

Message 5 of 17
Super Seller

We had a really good February which made us happy.. glad to hear that you had a good winter season!

Dina
Co-Owner Amityville Apothecary
www.shopamityvilleapothecary.com
Instagram | TikTok @AmityvilleApothecary

Podcast: Apothecary After Dark (YouTube & Spotify)
Message 6 of 17
Super Seller

Curious what factors you think have positively impacted this?

UV-Free Tanning Salon Owner, Northern California (Campbell)
Message 7 of 17
Admin

I'd be curious to know this as well; is it a general improvement over time Year-over-Year or do you think there are other factors that contributed to it being a really good winter season?

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 8 of 17
Super Seller

For us honestly we didn't have our so called snowbirds leave Michigan for Florida or Arizona. We had our warmest winter since 1889 and the same for snow records broke there as well. We plowed 1 time this year! People want to get out and our store is big and they can look for hours. The decor and mixture of new and used really kicked it in for me.

Message 9 of 17
Admin

I used to live in the Upper Peninsula, so I'm very familiar with the exodus of folks down to the south every winter. That's really great that people stuck around and cam into your store!

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 10 of 17
Super Seller

Honestly, adding in more decor, doing not just brand new or custom built furniture. Not every one needs or can afford a new table set or sectional but they still want a little something different. A picture, a lamp, a cannister set. I watch and listen a lot and now hardly ever does someone walk out with a little something. Those little somethings added up fast! And opened a whole new window or market for us! 

Message 11 of 17
Admin

So glad to hear business is doing well! I'm just curious, Is there a particular decor item that has been more popular than other @Twpchair ๐Ÿ‘€

Tra
Community Engagement Program Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 12 of 17
Super Seller

We are selling more decor than every! Lamps, pictures, shelves down to little decor items. 

1000017252.jpg

โ€ƒ

1000017316.jpg

โ€ƒ

1000017390.jpg

โ€ƒ

Message 13 of 17
Super Seller

We sell brand new furniture,  custom built like the white washed table and decor new and used as well. It's works great for us in Central Michigan. 

Message 14 of 17
Super Seller

Believe it or not lamps and big pictures are ones I'm ordering every week? I never thought lamps were so popular or needed ๐Ÿค” I hear most women say they just built a new home or moved into a newer house and they have less windows and lighting? So lamps seem to fly out. I use to have them mostly for decor in the store but not now I sell them everyday! 

Message 15 of 17
Super Seller

Hi @Twpchair, we are based in the UK.  It's so nice to hear that things are bouyant for your sector. We are not in the field of selling furniture but we deal with a few interior designers who purchase products from us and they say business has been really bouyant.

Coco Chemistry Ltd
Artisan Chocolatier
www.cocochemistry.co.uk
Message 16 of 17
Super Seller

That's good though. Money is money! I was curious if other countries was trending up or stagnant. Good luck to you! 

Message 17 of 17