x

Is there a way to make partial payments towards an invoice?

Is there a way to make partial payments towards an invoice?

Is there a way 2 take partial payments 4 an invoice?

2 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: Is there a way to make partial payments towards an invoice?

Little late with an update here, but wanted to make sure y'all know this is possible with Square Progress Invoices!

You can schedule multiple payments on a Square Invoice by following these steps 

Joe
Verified Answer

Re: Is there a way to make partial payments towards an invoice?

Hi there, @LiaJmt - thanks for adding your voice here and checking in on this feature! Good to hear from you. Same to you, @BIONICONE - welcome! 

You may be looking specifically for our newly introduced Deposit Feature for Invoices. This will also allow you to create a single invoice to track multiple payments and reduce the amount of time you have to spend reconciling multiple payments (deposit, follow-up payments) to a single transaction or sale.

Let me know if this is what you're looking for! 

336 Comments

Also wondering if there can be a way to have a time column on invoices as another variable. This is great for service-based billing in addition to having the deposit. Thanks!

Square Community Moderator

@Dimplesshop This is also a pretty popular feature request that our Payments team is tracking. I don't have much information around it at this time however. If anything comes up we'll post an update. It would be a cool feature to see implemented. 

@UnfoldCreative Thanks for sharing your interest on this. That's an interesting request that I haven't heard before. Can you share more details on how a time column would help your business? 

Thank you for the update on this, it is now 6 months later.  Any other new information to give?  I read here that paypal allows you to do it and may have to switch over if it is true.  I don’t want to switch from square but this adds added time, which is money, to every job I take a deposit/multi-payment.  Being able to have an invoice that you can generate full price, then bill for deposit, then bill for balance is critical to my business.  Thank you for any update you may have.

I waited for many months for this functionality to be added, the square folks haven’t made it an urgent priority 

i switched to PayPal and I’m very happy wit it.... yes, deposit, partial payment, cash , no problems

move along and take care of your business, no one at square will 

Is there any way to apply partial payments instore to an invoice? I see there are some responses but they're from 2016- the Square has come a long way since then. So any update? 

I just created a PayPal account as well. My dad switched from Square to PayPal for his business & he suggested that I do the same. Being unable to take deposits has resulted in lost money & business for me. I’ll be using PayPal starting in January. I love Square, but I’m tired of waiting for something that seems fairly simple...if PayPal can do it, why can’t Square?!

Does paypal offer a free POS system? We need this feature and may have to look at this.

Yes. Once you create your PayPal account, download the app & you order your free card reader through the app. They also offer the chip reader/swiper for $24.99. Basically, the same as Square...the basic swiper is free, other POS equipment has a cost.

Could not have said it better. They are in no rush to add this necessary feature. 

Thanks for the info. My business is not open yet, so I'll definitely switch to PayPal as well if this isn't resolved in the next 2 months.