x

How to complete an order without sending an email to the customer?

We do not want to automatically send a customer email every time an order is marked as "complete" from the Online Store dashboard.  Is there a way to disable that functionality?

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Square

@sptc - While our email notifications are currently automated, I'd love to hear a bit more about why you'd prefer that they not be sent. Thanks! 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 2 of 7

We have a similar need. The customer who placed an order  for a gift put the recipient's email as contact. She does not want her father to receive the confirmation email as it will ruin the surprise. If we can either stop the auto-confirmation or change the email to hers the problem would be solved.

Message 3 of 7
Square Community Moderator

@cking Our Support Team can get this taken care of for you! Reach out to them directly and they'll be able to change the information tied to the receipts. 

Message 4 of 7

I called the support center but was told they could not change the information for me. They suggested cancelling the order and re-creating it with the correct info. Cancelling the order also sends the unwanted email, so we are doing our own workaround with the customer.

Message 5 of 7
Square Community Moderator

@cking Sorry for my confusion here, as I thought you were referring to the information tied to the receipts specifically. 

The ability to edit an Online Store order is definitely a request our Product Team has received from other sellers, so I'll pass your request along as well. 

If we make this change we'll update everyone! 

It'd be great if you can share the workaround that you have with your customer so it can perhaps help a fellow seller this holiday season in the same situation. 

Message 6 of 7

We would be very i terested in being able to edit the order receipt before confirming the order. I vote for that!

Message 7 of 7