x

Feature Request: Customer alert for appoitments

Unfortunately some customers are habitual no-shows, make fraudulent charge-backs, or otherwise make themselves unwelcome.

But they keep signing up for appointments and wasting my time.

It's unreasonable for staff to constantly check each new reservation against a list of banned customers. Would it be possible to have some sort of alert pop up when certain customers make a booking?

If the Notes section for a customer could be made to appear when a booking is made (instead of only after or at a set time), that would be excellent. We could then instantly be notified if a banned customer makes a booking and can move to contact them and cancel it as soon as possible so as to open up the time for other customers.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Admin

Hey @DaoDeJing—thanks for surfacing. The Appointments app does not offer a way to restrict or set up an alert when a specific individual books an appointment at this time.

Sorry that you've had to deal with this behavior. I can see how adding more client management features would be helpful for the reasons that you laid out. I'm guessing that our Appointments Team would have to consider a wide variety of perspectives for this kind of feature. I'll be sure that your experience is documented with them.

As always, please do keep in touch for updates and let us know if any other concerns come up.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 3

Thanks. I think such a feature would be useful for many other situations as well. For instance, if a customer has certain preferences I'm sure many businesses would find it helpful to get a reminder of such a note.

Message 3 of 3