x

Inventory Management - How to Search by SKU/UPC?

Is it possible to search within the Inventory Management section by SKU/UPC? Whenever I enter the full or partial SKU/UPC, nothing appears. However, when I search by keyword, the item does appear. Is there a setting to enable this, or is it simply not possible to do within Inventory Management? It is very cumbersome to use keywords, as I have a large inventory with several unique, but similarly named items.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice!

Message 1 of 16
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Thanks for circling back with this information, @EagleAnime. It sounds like you're set up with Square for Retail. At this time, the ability to search the SKU or UPC is not available from the Inventory Management tab, though you can do so from the search bar in the Library tab.

I don't have access to a timeline for supporting this feature from the Inventory Management tab in Square for Retail, but I've shared your post with the Retail Team. They are tracking this request and we'll announce any developments as they become available.

Sorry for any frustration—please let us know if anything else comes up! Thank you for your patience as we work to make improvements based on seller feedback.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Admin

Hello @EagleAnime, welcome to the seller community and thanks for bringing this up.

To be sure we're on the same page, are you referring to the Item Library tab in your online Square Dashboard where the stock count is displayed? If so, you should be able to search using the SKU in the the box to the right of where it says "All Inventory".

To search by SKU, you’ll first need to create items with their associated SKUs. Have a look at step four under "Create Items Online" to be sure that the SKU is added properly.

️ Tom | he/him
Message 2 of 16

No, I am referring to the tab named "Inventory Management." It is a seperate tab from "Items."

Message 3 of 16
Admin

Best Answer

Thanks for circling back with this information, @EagleAnime. It sounds like you're set up with Square for Retail. At this time, the ability to search the SKU or UPC is not available from the Inventory Management tab, though you can do so from the search bar in the Library tab.

I don't have access to a timeline for supporting this feature from the Inventory Management tab in Square for Retail, but I've shared your post with the Retail Team. They are tracking this request and we'll announce any developments as they become available.

Sorry for any frustration—please let us know if anything else comes up! Thank you for your patience as we work to make improvements based on seller feedback.

️ Tom | he/him
Message 4 of 16

Thank you for your assistance, Tom. When this is fixed, when or where will this information be announced?

Message 5 of 16

Hello @EagleAnime! Stepping in for Tom real quick. 

We always post product update in the Seller Community. So if it becomes available there will be a thread pinned on the front page of the community about it! 

Message 6 of 16

This is an essential function, and I'm surprised that it's lacking. At the very least, we need to be able to sort our item library by SKU, rather than by alphabetized item title. PLEASE make the option available as soon as possible.

Message 7 of 16

It's a basic retail function. I can't believe it is lacking for inventory management.

Message 8 of 16
Beta Member

I too and am now having problems searching withing transactions or reports by sku or title of item in the inventory.  Many times I search a tile of my art to see the last sale where I place the edition #, i.e.  #1/100

Sometimes I forget what the next edition number I need to print so searching Square via the website is where I go.  I can no longer search like that at all via my Android, have to do it via my laptop.

Why did this option disappear?

Message 9 of 16
Square Community Moderator

Hi @RCT,

Thanks for writing back in and sorry to hear about the trouble searching for your items in your reports, and inventory! Generally, using the dashboard on a computer would be the best way to search these up, as the app on a mobile isn't as granular as the dashboard. Would you be able to go into a bit more detail of when you first noticed this change, and where you generally search for these items? Looking forward to hearing back from you 🙂 

Message 10 of 16

That does not help me when I am selling at a remote location where using the dashboard on a computer is not viable option.  In truth, it's very frustrating that the dashboard behaves differently than the POS.  Until you get burned and realize you must double check functionality in both prior to making business decisions, you are liable to wind up wasting time duplicating effort and information to work around the systems lack of basic functionality.  It i is even more concerning that the first post here was in 2018, and we are not at the end of 2022 and this is still not included in the product.  

Message 11 of 16
Super Seller

@rdwphoto ;

How are you selling at a remote location, phone, Tablet, Ipad, stand?

I just logged into my account with my Android phone and selected Checkout...Then selected Library ...and at the top I get a Search Field and started entering in my SKU and 3 items popped up to select from since they are from the same manufacturer.  I also know on my Ipad with the Stand connected it can search for UPC codes now too or you can use the camera button on the Ipad to "Scan" the Barcode to search for the item.  Since this post is older maybe this feature has been enabled.  Did you attempt to use a search and just type in your Barcode on the device you will be using remotely?  If you are unable to do this, more information might be needed like what device you are using, and if you are using Square POS or Square for Retail.  I have Square for Retail enabled and was on an Android phone (Galaxy S20 FE) to test just now.  

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 12 of 16

We are a Co-op. To pay our members at the end of each month I need to sort all the items sold by SKU. The first two digits are coded to each member.

Can I do this within Square point of sale software (using Square Register)

OR do I have to use Square for Retail App and use a Square Stand with ipad in the shop?

Message 13 of 16

Hey @pa_inc!

I found an existing relevant thread in the Community around this. 

You can search by SKU in the POS app on Register and you can also find this in Item Sales if you export it into CSV. It'll be under column C under SKU.

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 14 of 16

Is there a way to pull monthly sales by SKU number (s)?   We have things on consignment and I need to pull monthly sales for payments.  Our SKU numbers identify the consignor.

Thanks-

Message 15 of 16

Hi @Kolson and welcome to the Community.

I moved your post to an existing thread that goes over how to sort sales by SKU.

Check out the answers throughout the thread for more details. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 16 of 16