x

What time should I enter for end of business if I want the entire day's deposit to stay together?

The end of business day is set for midnight my time (Alaska) but deposits include different days and leave out sales from that specific day.  I'd like to have the day's deposit only include that day, and the whole day, and nothing but the day.  Thanks.

Message 1 of 6
1 Best Answer
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

Just set your end of day time to 11:30pm for your time zone. Your problem will be solved.

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Super Seller Alumni

What time do you open and what time do you close?

Message 2 of 6

We open 7a and can close as late as 11p Alaska Time which is 4 hours earlier than Eastern coast time.  Thanks.

Message 3 of 6
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

Just set your end of day time to 11:30pm for your time zone. Your problem will be solved.

Message 4 of 6

I appreciate your response.  Close has been set to midnight ( there is only 'on the hour" choices) for about 4 weeks and I still get cray combined deposits.  I understand they combine refunds from different days to deposits so there aren't individual withdrawals.

At the top of my deposits,  my messages are like this:

Some payments collected on 06/18/2017 and 06/19/2017 are not included in this deposit. Deposit #3ZM03 includes $233.79 for payments collected on 06/18/2017. Deposit #3ZQRW includes $60.57 for payments collected on 06/19/2017. To group a full day’s business activity in one deposit, adjust your close of day time.

Thanks anyway

Message 5 of 6

I own a Bar and we open at Noon and close at 1 AM, so there is no way to keep the deposit together for the whole day due to the 1:00 AM rolling into the following day, so Thank goodness that we get the reports and transactions reports so you can actually add those specific transactions to your total for your books.  As far as collecting the deposits together as a whole for that day, Not gonna happen unfortunately, sure wished they would figure that out for Bars/Pubs 🙂 but I sure love the Square POS system.  

Message 6 of 6