x

Link directly to product or service to purchase

Hello, I am wondering if there is a way to put a link on my site that goes directly to one product that is ready to purchase. So if I put a button on my site it will open square and someone can purchase the item without having to navigate anywhere from here?

To be more clear, 

I mean once they click the button and go to another page (square item) I don't want them to have to navigate any more than that. I want them to be able to purchase right there.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

To be more clear, 

I mean once they click the button and go to another page (square item) I don't want them to have to navigate any more than that. I want them to be able to purchase right there.

Message 2 of 15
Super Seller

you can go to your store's website, click on the item, and copy the URL/web address at the top of the page.  that will be the direct link to the item that you can share.

Message 3 of 15

I'm still not being clear.

When I log in to Squareup dash I have my items on the side panel. I can set up different items for sale. Is there a way to link to that and sell it online?

Message 4 of 15
Admin

Hi @hocusphocus

It sounds like you might not have created a Square Online Store yet. When you set up an online store you can import your existing item library to your online store. All of the Square Online Store themes have a simple layout: you can group items into sections, but all items are displayed on the homepage so customers can find items right away.

After you've set up your online store you can follow the steps that @VanKalkerFarms suggested above to share the specific URL for an item for sale on your store.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 5 of 15

That's correct. I didn't have it set up fully yet. I now have the woocommerce square plugin installed and synced. So this is well! Thank you for taking the time to answer.

Now my current challenge is getting the cart to sync with appointments. So in order to purchase you have to schedule. Not sure that's a feature yet. 

Message 6 of 15

Hello @hocusphocus

Syncing with Square Appointments would be a feature request for the WooCommerce. 🙂

Message 7 of 15

Hi @Chad,

The thing is, they have their own scheduling add-on that is, I think, $279. I don't know how inclined they would be to integrate like that with square when they have their own. They probably have a way to integrate that into Square or are working on it, just riffing.

Message 8 of 15

Hey, is it also possible to get a product link for a product listed on square which i can post on my non-square website that forwards customers to a checkout?

Message 9 of 15
Square Community Moderator

Hi! Yes, we do offer checkout links for products as well. Check out this article for details on how to set it up and how it all works. Of course, please let me know if you have any other questions and, also, welcome to the Seller Community! 🙂

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 10 of 15

Thank you Ashley for your answer. I don't know why but I don't have the same icons on my square dashboard.. It does not show "online checkout" 

PS: had to create a new account to reply

Message 11 of 15

@asdasd Looking at your account, it looks like you do not have an account that is based outside of the United States. 

Square Point of Sale is available for free in most countries listed in the App Store and Google Play.

While Square can be used internationally to record payments, track inventory, and grow your business – payment processing, including processing through Square’s API, is only available in specific countries. View the list of countries with payment processing. Payment card processing isn’t supported outside of the countries on this list.

We are looking to bring payment processing to other countries, and we’ll be sure to announce any further expansion.

AshleyK
Message 12 of 15

Hey Ashley, my company is based in Germany which is not on the list. This means that I can not use "online Checkout" links on my website, is that correct? I just want to double check 🙂

Message 13 of 15

Unfortunately, that is correct. 😞 We are trying to grow into as many countries as we can, but it takes a lot of time. 

AshleyK
Message 14 of 15

We have our services listed in square (about 50 of them) where clients need to book a day/time for the service. Similar to above I would like to be able to send clients direct link to the service they are interested in rather then needing to scroll and search in the long list of options that will already have the service selected and they can now just choose the day/time for the service. 

Is this possible? I looked at checkout links but from my poking around it does not seem to quite fit this situation. Am I missing something in there?

We have our own domain/website and we just direct clients to the Squareup services when they are ready to book. 

On a similar note I assigned categories for our services. Is it possible to get services to be listed under these categories when clients look? Ie

Category1

Service 1

Service 2

Category 2

Service 3

Service 4

Category 3

Service 5

Service 6 

etc....

Thank you for any help. 

Message 15 of 15