x

Can I accept payments on my website for services?

I have a service based business with regular weekly customers. I bill them monthly, so my website does not include an online store. However, I receive regular requests to make payments online.  Is there a way I can add Square to my website, even if it's a link, so my customers can make payments online? Also, can they set up recurring payments?

Message 1 of 7
1 Best Answer
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

In your case, I would look at using Square invoices.  This will allow you to send them an invoice that they can pay online via an email link.  Invoices can be set up as recurring.

Square doesn't have the ability to process payments online unless there is a product being purchased.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

In your case, I would look at using Square invoices.  This will allow you to send them an invoice that they can pay online via an email link.  Invoices can be set up as recurring.

Square doesn't have the ability to process payments online unless there is a product being purchased.

Message 2 of 7

So, No? I guess . . .   

I've been using Quickbooks since 1998 to send my customers invoices and already use Square invoices for recurring credit card payments for a handful of customers.  I want to add a way for my customers to pay their invoices that I generate through Quickbooks online. My bank offers that option for a fee. I can also add a Paypal button to my website if I wanted to. I wanted to know if Square offered it. Either "Yes, here's how!" or "No, Square does not offer an online payment option like Paypal." Your comment was not very helpful.  

Message 3 of 7
Super Seller Alumni

Sorry,  NO, You cannot create a payment button where customers enter their own amount via Square.

Now you can use addon's like Jot form that connects with Square but here is an added fee for Jotform Service.

Message 4 of 7

It is too bad that SQUARE cannot be competitive.  They are so good in many other ways.

This has forced me to use another company such as Pay Pal because SQUARE does not have it together to reach a huge internet audience.   Weebly, (attached to SQUARE) wants another 3% processing fee in additon to what SQUARE charges which reaches 6%.....not business savy.   

Come on SQUARE   whats up except the extra fee?

Message 5 of 7

I have to agree with the others. Because I can't add a payment button for Square to my site, I, too, am forced to use PayPal, which then gives me more things to keep track of, instead of having everything under one roof. I'm afraid with the PayPal Here card reader at my disposal, I'll probably end up closing my Square account completely because they do not offer a wide enough variety of merchant services. Sad that they cannot keep up with the rest of the world. Makes you wonder how they stay in business.

Message 6 of 7

I am going through the same thing right now.   We are service based (attorney office that handles mediations) and just want a link for the parties to a mediation to make a payment/deposit.   I am no computer geek by any means, and cannot understand all this mumbo jumbo API stuff.   I just want a button they can make a payment to our square acct.  Sounds like Paypal is the only way to go. ?? 

Message 7 of 7