x

Can you set a service price to vary by the employee with whom it's scheduled?

I work for a hair salon where we provide a set list of services, but those services vary in price depending on the stylist performing them. I am trying to see if SquareUp would be a good fit for our salon. I have not seen a way to allow for pre-set prices for a service by a certain stylist.

Right now I have created a few services and set the price to "Price Varies." With that setting, the price seems to be entered based on the client. Our salon is not going to price our services on a client-to-client basis. Instead, I hope to set up our services as follows: 

Haircut A - Price Varies

Haircut A + Stylist 1 = $35

Haircut A + Stylist 2 = $37

Haircut A + Stylist 3 = $42

In other words, the price is dictated by the stylist performing the service. Has anyone been able to configure their services this way? Is it possible? 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

How about setting up each hairstylist as a category, then in each category create items (services) for each girl.  Plus at the end of the day, week, or month you can get a report by category and see how much and how many each girl (category) produces.   I have a multi vendor vintage store and each vendor has a category. 

Message 2 of 7
Beta Member

What does that look like to someone booking online services?

Message 3 of 7
Alumni

@Shabbyology - did you ever end up setting your own site up like this?

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 7
Beta Member

No I haven’t. 

Message 5 of 7

I am trying to figure this out as well. Any Update?

Message 6 of 7
Square Community Moderator

Hello @HaleyD

Thanks so much for sharing your interest in this Request. At this time there aren't any updates regarding this feature. In order to appropriately send these to our product teams we’d love it if you'd submit this request on our Ideate page for Square Appointments. Our team monitors these boards and we triage them to measure needs. You can search the boards to see if this has been requested before and add your use case if so!

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 7 of 7