x
Beta Member

Discounted Gift Card Reporting/Discounts

During the Holidays, we are running a Gift Card special...Purchase one at $xxx.xx and recieve another gift card in the amount of $xx.xx, free.  We load each card separately, and then apply a 100% discount on the free gift card.  

The card that is paid for, shows up in reports and exports, but there is NO trace of the discounted gift card.  

Why is that?  We want to track the 'free' gift cards, but don't see any way to do that.

You would think that all transactions, regardless of the amount the customer paid, would be tracked SOMEWHERE?!?!

Below is an example.  There is a transaction record for the $200 gift card, but NOTHING for the $50 (no transaction, no $50 discount record):

Gift Card Reciept.jpg

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Super Seller Alumni

Am I missing something.  the $50.00 card is on the transaction and the discount applied to it.   Card number ends in 5849.  If you pull a Gift card report and export it you should see this card number and what is left on it in the report.  You can also search transactions and filter by payment type (Gift Cart) and search 5849 to see purchases made with the card if any.

Message 2 of 8
Beta Member

Right, but the discount amount of $50 doesn't show up in that day's Discounts & Comps on the Sales Summary.   In fact, I had several of these transaction that day, and my Discounts & Comps line item is $0.00! 

Don't really care about th puchases made with that card.  

My concern is that if this particular discount is not reported, then what other discounts are not being reported????

I should not have to jump through hoops (ie: export Gift Card data), to see that information.

Message 3 of 8
Super Seller Alumni

Sorry, I miss understood what you were asking.  I have never done discounts on Gift cards.  I am going to assume discounts given on Gift Card Sales will not show up in Discounts.  This is because gift cards are not sale, they are more like a memo of credit.  I would contact support to get more clarification on this.

Message 4 of 8
Beta Member

@Kpay thoughts???

Message 5 of 8

Hey @tbenson, quick question just for clarification. Is your Gift Card Bonus discount is still showing up under the Item Library on your Square Dashboard

Message 6 of 8
Beta Member

@ChadIt was, until I deleted it, yesterday.  Promotion has ended and don't want empoyees utilizing the discount any longer.

Message 7 of 8

@tbenson, I see our Support Team should still be able to look into why this discount wasn't showing up on your reporting. I recommend reaching out to them when you have a chance.

Message 8 of 8