x

Does GPS location show up on receipt?

Does the GPS location of where the purchase was made show up on a receipt?

Message 1 of 9
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Hey @bmwill,

Great question!

There are two ways to display a map on your customers’ receipts. The first option is a fixed map that’ll show the same location on every receipt. To enable this:

1. Visit the Account & Settings tab of your online Square Dashboard.
  2. Under Location Information, enter your preferred address.
  3. Make sure that “This business is mobile” is not checked.

The second option is to display a mobile map with the exact payment location. This is a good choice if you’re a mobile business. To do this:

1. Navigate to the Account & Settings tab of your online dashboard.
  2. Check the box “This business is mobile.”
  3. Uncheck the option to show this location online.

If you don’t want to include a map on your receipts, visit your Receipt tab and uncheck the box “Show location.”

Keep in mind that maps will not display on receipts for manually entered transactions.

Let me know if you have additional questions. I’m happy to help.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Alumni

Best Answer

Hey @bmwill,

Great question!

There are two ways to display a map on your customers’ receipts. The first option is a fixed map that’ll show the same location on every receipt. To enable this:

1. Visit the Account & Settings tab of your online Square Dashboard.
  2. Under Location Information, enter your preferred address.
  3. Make sure that “This business is mobile” is not checked.

The second option is to display a mobile map with the exact payment location. This is a good choice if you’re a mobile business. To do this:

1. Navigate to the Account & Settings tab of your online dashboard.
  2. Check the box “This business is mobile.”
  3. Uncheck the option to show this location online.

If you don’t want to include a map on your receipts, visit your Receipt tab and uncheck the box “Show location.”

Keep in mind that maps will not display on receipts for manually entered transactions.

Let me know if you have additional questions. I’m happy to help.

Puka - She/They
Message 2 of 9

Perfect! It worked! Thank you!

Message 3 of 9

Is there a way to remove the map, but still have the address appear on the receipt?

Message 4 of 9

The info above by @puka details how to remove the map from your receipt

Message 5 of 9

Perhaps I wasn't clear with my question.  

When I choose not to display location on the receipt, it also removes the business address.

I don't want the map on the receipt, but I DO want the business address to be printed. Is there a way to have just the address and not the map? 

I even tried utilizing another field, like the twitter option, but that doesn't work. I could use the custom message field, but I have other info to put in there and would prefer the address to show under the phone number.

Message 6 of 9

Under account and Settings, click the location tab and you can choose a physical address instead of map

Message 7 of 9

How do I find the location of a past sale on the item sold? 

Message 8 of 9
Alumni

Hey @Smithof6 - I've merged your post to this thread which explain how to turn on location stamps for your receipt. Past transactions will only show the location if this feature was enabled at the time of purchase.

If you already had it set up during the sale you're referencing, you would just go to your Transactions tab > select the transaction > open the receipt (you'll need to click on the link that looks like "Receipt #jYuM") and it should display the location for you.

Puka - She/They
Message 9 of 9