x

Using simplybook.me as payment processor

Hello! I trying to connect my Square account with my Simplybook.me payment processor, but they asked me for a Application ID and a access token, which I have no idea where to find. Is their system out-of-date, or am I not looking in the right places?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller

It sounds like they are looking for information from Square API which gives the developer access to Square features connected to your account.  

https://docs.connect.squareup.com/get-started#step-4-understand-the-different-application-credential...

I'm not sure what the steps are but you can generate the application and token credentials for your account by clicking create a new app here, but that might not be what you should do.  @Tom what is the correct way to setup integration?

Message 2 of 4
Admin

Hey @Adriano and @VanKalkerFarms, thanks for bringing this up. I surfaced your this post with our API folks and they recommeded the following when you need your credentials:

• Go to squareup.com/developers.
  • Click Developer Dashboard.
  • Select + New Application.
  • Name the application and click on Create Application.

After that, we'll auto-generate the information needed for integration. The Location ID(s) for your Square account can be found in the Locations tab of the Developer Dashboard.

Hope this gets you in the right direction. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 3 of 4

This was so helpful, thank you!

Message 4 of 4