x

Newb questions: using 2 mag readers on same account, referral promotion (1st $1000 free), etc.

I'm associated with a Girl Scout troop and have been tasked to getting info about accepting credit cards. I signed up for my own account here & ordered a free magstripe reader. I have a lot of newbie questions...

1. If the GS leader prefers to have her own account & orders a free magstripe reader, could I still use my free reader with her account?

2. If the leader opens an account with my referral link, will she be eligible for the 1st $1000 free promotion, even though we technically signed up on behalf of the same GIrl Scout troop?

3. Is there a minimum amount of sales needed to qualify for the referral promotion?

4. Can an audio jack reader & lightning reader be used for the same account? (Some of us have ios, others have android)

5. Do the free magreaders have to be returned after use (or if they wont be used)?

6. Would we be able to use the same mag reader & account next year? Is there anything required to keep an inactive account open for the next year?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

1. The Readers can be used with any account.  It only matters which account is logged in on the phone.  

2. I would guess the promotion is only good for the first account tied to bank account.

3. (no idea)

4. The phones will log into the account.  It does not matter which reader is in the phone.

5.  Square does not track the readers.  (these are so cheap that it is not worth the shipping)

6.  The account should stay open as long as you follow the terms and conditons.  I have used the same account since 2016.  The readers will still work.

Message 2 of 3
Super Seller

there is not a minimum needed to use the referral.  you get the first $1,000 in sales processed for free so that is $27.50 that will be credited to your account on deposits.

Message 3 of 3