x
Beta Member

Square Register not printing receipts with Master Cards

As of yesterday our Square Register no longer automatically prints receipts with mastercards. Additionally, these transactions are taking much much longer than usual. About 5 seconds to go through.

Debit cards and non master card credit cards still automatically print receipts. You can manually force a receipt print after the transaction goes through, but as you can imagine this is really slowing us down. 

A similar bug happened with our register in February / March of this year, but weirdly enough it was JUST debit cards that it effected. Eventually a fix was pushed out and printing for all cards came back, but it took almost a month to get the fix in. 

Square, are you aware of this bug / seeing it on your side?

Message 1 of 7
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Thanks for providing these additional details, @sammyg. Version 5.49.0024 is currently being rolled out to Sellers on a percentage basis, so it's not available to all Sellers just yet. Engineering just confirmed for me that this update will be available for all Sellers on 5/9, so keep an eye out.

When you have some downtime, perhaps at the end of your business day, I would also recommend performing a factory reset on the Register.

If the factory reset does not resolve this behavior, please let me know 👀

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 6 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Beta Member

Following up on this after a long weekend of working with this bug. It's not JUST Master Cards that are doing it. It's all types of cards and I can't quite figure out what the common denominator is. It's about 50% of my CC transactions though and it's bottle necking service like crazy.

Square, any word on this?

Message 2 of 7

Hi @sammyg - I'm sorry to hear that this issue with your customer receipts has brought you to the Seller Community. This definitely sounds odd. I haven't heard of any reports of this issue 🤔

Could you please confirm that your Square Register's software is up-to-date? The latest software version is currently 5.49.0024.

I'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Violet
Message 3 of 7
Beta Member

Hi Violet,

My Square Register is on version 5.49.0020... interesting! It says it's fully up to date, though, when I "check for an update." See attached pic.

Message 4 of 7
Beta Member

Sorry here is a link to the picture of my Square Version : https://photos.app.goo.gl/QM1H3U4JZ5NQoUA58

And here is a link to a video showing the issue : https://photos.app.goo.gl/9P4rbD4fJRX4yEKt8

Message 5 of 7

Best Answer

Thanks for providing these additional details, @sammyg. Version 5.49.0024 is currently being rolled out to Sellers on a percentage basis, so it's not available to all Sellers just yet. Engineering just confirmed for me that this update will be available for all Sellers on 5/9, so keep an eye out.

When you have some downtime, perhaps at the end of your business day, I would also recommend performing a factory reset on the Register.

If the factory reset does not resolve this behavior, please let me know 👀

Violet
Message 6 of 7
Beta Member

Hi Violet! Any update on this version being rolled out? We're still battling this bug and a factory reset did not help.

Message 7 of 7