x
Beta Member

Flexible auto gratuity options

Currently we can only do 20% as auto gratuity option

Can you give another auto gratuity of 10% which we charge for delivery and pickup orders

Thank you

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Super Seller

@sbrockz You didn’t say, but I’m assuming that you use the Square Online Store to take delivery and pickup orders?  If so, here’s what you can do.

FIRST, Square requires that you have turned on item level taxes for online orders.  You do that from Square Online, Settings -> Sales Taxes.  In the middle, the section labeled “Item level tax rates” toggle on both pickup and delivery orders.

After that, go back to your main dashboard.

1. Go to Account & Settings
  2. Click on Business Information
  3. Select Service Charges
  4. Create service charge, definite it and save it.  Don’t forget to toggle the setting “Apply automatically to Square online orders.”

That should now automatically add whatever gratuity you define to all online pickup and delivery orders.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 2 of 9
Beta Member

I was referring more towards phone orders and in person orders

thank you! 

Message 3 of 9
Super Seller

Ah.  Bad assumption on my part, then.  Anyway, you can still create the service charge.  It just won’t be an automatically applied.  You’d have to add a button to your POS for employees to manually add it, which you might already do.  You might know this, but feature requests can be submitted here, though I know that Square folk monitor this community — https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/Feature-Requests/ct-p/Beta-Feature-Requests

Best wishes,

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 4 of 9
Beta Member

How do you manually add it? Sorry still trying to get familiar with the system

Thank you

Message 5 of 9
Super Seller

Do the following from your Square dashboard to manually create the service charge:

1. Go to Account & Settings
  2. Business Information
  3. Service Charges
  4. Create service charge
  5. Name and define the charge
  6. Save

After that, you can place the service charge on your POS grid just as you do any other product item.  

1. Press and hold on any unused block on your POS grid, enter your master pass code.
  2. Hit the + sign on the unused block you want to add the service charge to
  3. Scroll down your item list and find the newly created service charge, then select it
  4. Press Done

Let me know if I can be of any more help.

Chip

Website
Facebook

जो है सो है
Message 6 of 9
Beta Member

I couldn't find the service charge 😞

It is says it is not applied to Square for Restaurants.

Thank you

Message 7 of 9
Beta Member

Is there a way to add auto gratuity to some items but not other? I have an event hall and often include a cover charge to enter, but I do not want to add the gratuity.  I have to go through so many steps to remove the gratuity on my handheld. 

Message 8 of 9
Square Community Moderator

Hello @Ksprice2

At this time automatic gratuity is configured on the device level, not on the item level. I recommend you submit a Feature Request here. This will help our product team get visibility and track other Sellers with similar interest in your request. 

Important: When submitting a request, make sure to include the desired feature, and provide the details of how this feature will help your business succeed (how would you use it and what you expect from it).

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 9 of 9