x
Beta Member

Generate Random Discount/Coupon codes for one time use

So I have searched for days on this.  

The simple use case is that I want to post a survey.  People can also opt into a drawing for taking the survey.  The prize(s) I want to do are specifically $5 off a $25 order.

I cannot find ANY way to generate each winner their OWN code that can be used ONE time, in store, OR online to order food.  Ideally I would like to automate the creation with Zapier, but look I can do it manually.  I did see I can "order" them all $5 Gift Cards (with a discount applied so it costs me $0), but then that is not tied to an order total.

Discounts can do this but each discount is manually applied at the register, so how would one manage that.

This seems like a common thing but why is it so complicated to execute on?  It is holding up my posting of the survey, so any ideas would be great.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

Hello @CColotti thanks for your post. I'm not exactly sure if this would work, but maybe ?...

How are you going to collect the survey info? I'm assuming an online form? Is this through Zapier or Jotform? Can you setup the last page of the collection form to include the survey taker's email address? Then you'd have to use those email addresses and create a group in your Square marketing. You can email that group of specific people with a marketing email coupon, and this would generate unique codes.

I know this is a lot of workaround, and I'm not totally sure if this would work perfectly for you but maybe?

Message 2 of 3
Beta Member

Yes we are collecting data from a form in that exact manner

is the marketing coupon for online use only or can it be used with the restaurant POS?  There seems to be a lack of information there 

this also would require a marketing subscription?   This is specific to restaurants NOT retail which seems to cause a lot of confusion. 

Message 3 of 3