x
Agency Partner

Notification POS and Online Store

HI!

I have a customer with a SQUARE ONLINE website and POS sync. I want to know how will it look like in his Restaurant POS when someone puts a new order in using the Square site, and how he will receive a notification.

Will it flow into the restaurant and get printed up similar to like when someone orders in person?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Square Community Moderator

Hello @wiseanttech_m 

Sorry for the delay in the response here. I don't currently have a device with me that supports Square for Restaurants to be able to share some screenshots. However, the Order Manager on Square for Restaurants will both notify and display orders coming from Square Online inside the Orders Section of the app. Order can and will also be sent to any Kitchen Printers or KDS devices as they are needed so that the prep and pick-up time is met.

I am also tagging some of our Super Sellers that have experience with Square for Restaurants so they can share their input as well. @JamesSandbar @Donnie-M @LLCafe @GoGoGuest 

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 7
Agency Partner

Thanks a lot!

Also, Is it possible to receive a text alert instead of an email when a customer purchases a new item?

Message 3 of 7
Square Community Moderator

At this time text message alerts are considered a feature request @wiseanttech_m

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 7
Super Seller

@wiseanttech_m Depending on their service provider can you have an email sent to them like "cellnumber@vztext.com"

I am pretty sure you could get something like that set up in the dashboard to auto e-mail when an order comes in to get that kind of notification.

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 5 of 7
Super Seller

@wiseanttech_m 

Here are a couple of fast snaps just to show..1 is the order manager (same on pos and restaurants), the second is the KDS system which she probably will want to use.

You have 2 options for printing..1 when the order comes in through the restaurants app to a printer in the kitchen.  The 2nd is you can have the KDS print the tickets (which is a cleaner implementation as far as ticket orders and ticket timing).  You get three choices with option 2..when the order is places, based on pickup time, or a set amount of time.

The kds is api cloud enabled thus very very easy to get configured and up and running.  Printing from the POS is dependent upon internal network and will work if the internet goes down in an offline mode (but you wouldn't get any online orders).

Hope this helps:

20220906_122116.jpg20220906_122141.jpg

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 6 of 7
Agency Partner

Thank you!!!

Message 7 of 7