x

Online orders not respecting "Single Item Per Ticket" setting

When an online order comes in via an API integration, the "single item per ticket" setting is not respected, resulting in different ticket printing vs in-person orders.

This is more a bug report than anything... hoping it'll get some visibility here.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Square Community Moderator

Hello @lavid,

Thanks for reaching out. I am sorry you are having some issues with printing item tickets.

Can you provide more details on this issue? When did this stop working? Prior, how was your ticket printing working? 

Message 2 of 8

Thanks for the response @MayaP !

I'm happy to provide whatever details you'd like. Hopefully the following is helpful:

* When I set the "single item per ticket" slider to on in "In-person orders" for a given printer, each item prints as its own ticket, as expected (ie: 2 of item A and 1 of item B prints as 3 tickets)

*When I set the "single item per ticket" slider to on in "Online Orders" for a given printer, all items assigned to that printer print on a single ticket. This is not the desired functionality.

* I don't know if this was previously working. I am attempting to migrate my restaurants to use online orders and API integrations for 3p couriers (DoorDash, UberEats) and for my ordering software.

Message 3 of 8

Thank you for providing this information. Can we try deleting the printer station and creating it again? Once you create the printer station again go ahead and set up the single item per ticket and categories again. If you need a refresher on how to do that please refer to this article

If that does not work please let me know.

Message 4 of 8

Thanks for the prompt reply @MayaP!

Unfortunately that did not solve the issue. Online/API orders all still print as a single ticket.

Message 5 of 8

Thanks for trying that! What Square hardware are you using? 

Message 6 of 8

@MayaP 

It's an iPad running the latest Square for Restaurants (5.98 last I checked). I can get exact model on the iPad if needed.

Printer is an Epson TM-U220.

Message 7 of 8

Thank you for providing all that information. It does look like this is a known issue right now and our engineers are currently working on a resolution. I do not have an ETA on when a fix will be available, as soon as I do I will reach back out on this thread. I appreciate your patience while we work through this. 

Message 8 of 8