x
Admin

3 Ways Online Sellers Can Prepare for Black Friday. Join the discussion!

This Town Square blog post has three tips to prepare for Black Friday. Learn why it’s important to plan your social media posts in advance, reach your existing customers, and how to convert new customers to returning customers. Read the full post:

3 Ways Online Sellers Can Prepare for Black Friday

Pro tip: This post highlights how important it is to proactively connect with your customers in the run up to the holidays. You can offer discounts from Square Point of Sale or create coupons for your Square Online store

Discussion questions:

• How do you organize your social media posts? Do you use a content calendar? Are your customers on social media or is direct mail more effective?
  • Just how different is this holiday season compared to last year? 

Answer one of the discussion questions or reply to the thread to join the conversation!

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Super Seller Alumni

Thanks for sharing this @Helen !

Great questions!

1 & 2:  I organize my social media posts in an Excel/Google-Sheets spreadsheet.

I post a photo every single day when we're Open, I alternate every other day with a Close Up Shot of a cup of ice cream and either a wide shot or a picture of something else. It ends up making a really cool pattern to visually break up my Instagram Feed.

Because of this pattern, I need a spreadsheet to keep it organized and to make sure I don't repost the same thing or similar flavors too close to each other. 

I have my list of each flavor, marked with either a close up or wide shot.

I then batch my photo taking days, so that I have a backlog of photos and don't need to take photos every single day. On my spreadsheet I mark the date that I took the photo, so it's easier to find when I need to post it, and then I mark the date that I posted it. 

It sounds complicated, but it really helps me stay organized.
I don't typically write in my captions into the spreadsheet, but that's always an option!

Here's a screenshot of what that looks like:

Screen Shot 2020-11-09 at 2.28.25 PM.png

3:   Social media is extremely important and effective for our business. Customers constantly tell us that they came in because they saw the post I made, and by posting everyday it makes a constant stream of temptation!

IMG_0088.PNG

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 2 of 10
Admin

Thanks @pessosices! It's amazing what you can do with a spreadsheet! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 3 of 10

Awesome!!!

Message 4 of 10

I would like to know if Square is providing any marketing effort for Black Businesses for Black Friday? Perhaps a hash tag or a call out on some of the firms?

Message 5 of 10
Square Community Moderator

@RWHome Thanks for reaching out! I've merged your post with an existing thread where we may be able to get some answers from @Helen on this one. Have a nice day! 🙂

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 10
Admin

Hi everyone! I wanted to drop in and share this contest: Adobe Spark + Square: Enter the Holiday Small Business Boost Contest - enter for a chance to win $10,000 to boost your social media advertising. 

Would love to hear if anyone uses services like Adobe Spark or others to manage or boost their social media efforts from time to time!

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 7 of 10
Super Seller Alumni

This is such a great opportunity! Thanks so much for sharing it @Helen !

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 8 of 10

I am posting using themes

Message 9 of 10
Admin

I'd love to see an example @Muffin! You're welcome to share links to your social media content or your website.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 10 of 10