x
Beta Member

Archived Items with Qty's

When an item is set to archive, say it is a seasonal item and you have some back stock. Does the qty $$'s show in your Total Inventory Value on your Dashboard Page ? In my mind I think that it should, but this is the number I give my accountant at the end of the year so I want to make double sure. Thanks, Myla

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Thanks for your patience @myla1965. I did get confirmation Archived items with remaining stock will still appear in the Projected Profit and Inventory by Category report and contribute to the topline Total Inventory Value and Projected Profit metrics. For COGS, Vendor Sales, and Sell-through reports, archived items will only appear if they were active and sold in the timeframe selected for the report. 

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @myla1965, that is a great question! Since I don't have any archived items in my demo account I am going to tag some of our super sellers who can provide more insight @Candlestore @TheRealChipA, thank you guys! 😊

Message 2 of 4
Super Seller

@MayaP , @myla1965 ;

Wish I could provide some insight but I have not archived any items.  Since Square lets you have an unlimited number of items, I just leave the item in the Square Catalog incase we find one somewhere, especially since it has a quantity.  Since this would be for retail, we may have the item on display, and a customer may want the display.  Now once our inventory gets below a certain level we do remove it from Online sales, to keep from over selling an item.  This also helps us from doing a scavenger hunt for 1 item of a quantity of 1 since we have no bin locations in Squares catalog.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 3 of 4

Best Answer

Thanks for your patience @myla1965. I did get confirmation Archived items with remaining stock will still appear in the Projected Profit and Inventory by Category report and contribute to the topline Total Inventory Value and Projected Profit metrics. For COGS, Vendor Sales, and Sell-through reports, archived items will only appear if they were active and sold in the timeframe selected for the report. 

Message 4 of 4