x

How do you switch from square for restaurants back to the regular square for retail?

We recently clicked to sign up for restaurants and I don’t think we need all the capabilities as we are just a coffee trailer. We would rather switch back to the one we have been using. I’ve looked up everywhere how to switch back and none of the instructions have returned us back to the main one. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square Community Moderator

Welcome to the Community, @Wilderlove

Did you try the free version or a paid version of Square for Restaurants? 

Check on your Dashboard under Account & Settings > Business > Pricing & Subscription. 

You can shut off the subscription to Restaurants and make sure your Retail one is active. From there, then you will just use the designated app (Square for Retail) going forward. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 6
Super Seller

@Wilderlove All you have to do is download the retail app and log right back in.  The different apps (POS, Retail, Restaurant) are all compatible with your account.  I have used restaurants, but I prefer the current regular Point of Sale App the best for what we do.  I still have the free restaurants app active on the account, but you just ignore those tabs as the item catalog and everything are the same across the apps.  As Kassi said, you can cancel the paid subscription if you are on that tier under your settings ---> subscriptions in your online dashboard.

Hope this helps,

Donnie-M

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 3 of 6

im on the free Trial and it doesnt let me "cancel" how would i go about reverting to the regular POS system?

Message 4 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hi @birriaapatz - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community with your question.

I tried searching my resources, but I wasn't able to find anything on unsubscribing from the free version of Square for Retail. However, I know for the free version of Restaurants, you have to contact support so they can manually unsubscribe you.

I suggest reaching out to the Square for Retail team so they can assist you with this.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 6
Beta Member

I also have the free trial for Restaurants plus. I didn't sign up for it but rather just wanted to check out the free version that I already had on my account. It automatically upgraded to the trial of plus. I hate it! I now no longer have access to the standard POS. Everything is acting different. I do see that a few features of restaurant plus may be helpful, but is such overkill and too complicated for my needs. I run a food truck. It would be nice if they came up with a POS for food trucks. Generally we do not need teams, shifts, dining layouts, open tickets and much more. What I do need is KDS, combos and customer notification when order is ready. At this point I just want the standard POS back. How do I do this?

Message 6 of 6