x

Can I enable tipping on Square for Retail?

The title of this thread was updated from its original title: “If I switch from POS to Retail will my employees still get tips?”

If I switch from POS to Retail will my employees still get tips, i.e. is the tips feature still available at check-out?  The POS is used in a Tasting Room for a Coffee Roaster that also sells merchandise.  (I  want the inventory feature to track the merchandise).

Message 1 of 6
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Good news, @AB4, you can collect tips using Square for Retail

Here's how to give your customers the option to tip when using Square for Retail for your business: 

• Head to the Devices section of your Dashboard.
  • Click the three dots next to the device on which you’d like to enable tipping, then click Edit.
    (if you have more than one device, you will need to enable tipping on each device).  
  • Toggle Collect Tips to On and set your tipping preferences as needed.
  • Click Save.

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Super Seller

I can't say 100% but I don't see any reference to tipping on the Retail product page, so I'm going to say no as in typical retail you don't tip the person checking you out.  Maybe @Sean or @Kpay can chime in with a confirmed answer.

Message 2 of 6
Alumni

Hey @VanKalkerFarms! 👋🏻

Thanks a million for flagging this - I'll go ahead and hop in for @Sean & @Kpay here.  

Message 3 of 6
Alumni

Best Answer

Good news, @AB4, you can collect tips using Square for Retail

Here's how to give your customers the option to tip when using Square for Retail for your business: 

• Head to the Devices section of your Dashboard.
  • Click the three dots next to the device on which you’d like to enable tipping, then click Edit.
    (if you have more than one device, you will need to enable tipping on each device).  
  • Toggle Collect Tips to On and set your tipping preferences as needed.
  • Click Save.
Message 4 of 6

So where is the answer?  There is so much mis-information it is disturbing.  Setting up tips is easy on regular Square POS, but there doesn't seem to be a way to set it up in Retail.

Message 5 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hi @OrientalCyclist  - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community👋 Sorry to hear that it was difficult to search for the answer to your question.

I went ahead and merged your post to another existing thread where you will find the instructions to enable tipping on your Square for Retail device.

Please see the reply from one of our Community Moderators, @Russel, which has been marked as the Best Answer.

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 6