x
Beta Member

AUTOMATIC SIGNOUT ON DASHBOARD NO LONGER WORKS CORRECTLY!

Several months back the dashboard would sign you out after a period of no activity. Now the warning comes up, but all it does is start to count backwards in negative numbers. Anyone can click keep me signed in, no matter how long the message has been up and have full access to the dashboard without signing in.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Square Community Moderator

Hi @MountainHouse - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community to report this.

I reached out to our Engineering Team and they've let me know that they've created a support ticket to investigate this issue further. I'm keeping an eye on it so I'll let you know once they've shared any updates!

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 11
Super Seller

@_Violet ;

I have noticed the same issue but since its only me and my wife here I did not mention it.  Just stating I have the issue too since sometimes support thinks it is an Isolated case or user error.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 3 of 11

Hey there @Candlestore sorry to hear that you've run into this issue as well 😓

I've added your account to the support ticket that we started for @MountainHouse. I appreciate you chiming in here! 🙏

Violet
Message 4 of 11

Hi there again, @MountainHouse and @Candlestore - Thanks for your patience here.

I just received an update from our Engineers. They are working on finishing up a fix to address this issue and the fix should be able to be deployed to production within the next two days.

I'll let you know if I happen to hear anything else!

Violet
Message 5 of 11

Good Morning, @MountainHouse and @Candlestore - This issue should now be resolved. Could you check your Dashboard and let me know if you are still experiencing any issues?

I'll keep an eye out for your reply!

Violet
Message 6 of 11
Beta Member

Problem was corrected yesterday! Thanks! 🙂 NOW, could we please get the "Finish setting up square" button removed? I have to cancel it every time I load and reload the dashboard. Its at 96% as it has been for the last 3 years. I will never complete the final step which is "import inventory". There must be a way to remove this final step and constant reminders about it! 

Thanks!!!

Message 7 of 11

Hey there @Candlestore 👋  Currently, Dashboard will sign out after 75 minutes of inactivity.

@MountainHouse I noticed you've started a new thread for the notification issue. I'll follow up with you there.

Violet
Message 8 of 11
Super Seller

@_Violet ;

It is working now, I guess I did not wait the 75 minutes yesterday.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Message 9 of 11
Super Seller

@_Violet ;

So I logged into my Square Dashboard at about 10:10 am on my shipping computer.  Saw your post sawing the Dashboard issue should be fixed.  Came back to the Shipping computer at 11:20am and was able to just start searching and working with reports etc on the dashboard.  How long should the dashboard stay 'awake' before requiring a sign on again or password that Square Logged me out?  

Now I do not have the Negative count down anymore being displayed on the screen so that is a plus!!

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Message 10 of 11

Good to hear, @MountainHouse! Thanks for the update.

Additionally, @Candlestore, I just reached out to the engineer I was working with on this to confirm how long you will have before the Dashboard starts to timeout. I'll let you know what they tell me 🙂

Violet
Message 11 of 11