x

Brecknell 6710U scale

I've had no luck getting my scale to work with my Square Register. When I connect it, it gives me an "error" message. I'm asking for help before I return it.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square Community Moderator

Hi @BBlackstone - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community to bring this to our attention. I'm sorry to hear that you're having some trouble 😞

I double-checked our hardware compatibility page and confirmed that your Brecknell 6710U scale is compatible with the Square Register. I suggest making sure that your Square Register is on the latest software version by following the steps listed here. You can also review the troubleshooting steps for your barcode scanner here.

If this doesn't improve things, please reach out to Support directly by logging into your Square account and heading here for further assistance. Keep in mind: By owning the Square Register, your Square account has access to 24/7 Phone Support.

I hope this helps! Please let me know how it goes 🤞

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 5

Thank you, Violet, because everything is working just fine except for the scale. I appreciate the reply and feedback.

Message 3 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Of course, @BBlackstone! I'm glad to hear the rest is working okay for you.

Hopefully, we can get this sorted out for you so you can use the scale and not have to return it 🙏

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 5

I'm about to give up hope. I have purchased TWO Brecknell 6710U scales for my Square Register and a 9-pin USB cable and nothing will connect or work. Can anyone help me? Is there some configuration that I'm missing? I have no idea what to do. Square Support could do nothing and Brecknell has not returned my request for support.

Message 5 of 5