x
Beta Member

Refunds & COGS Reports

The title of this thread has been edited by a Square Moderator from the original: "REFUNDS CORRUPTING SALES & COGS REPORTS"

If you process a refund, the information is not transferred correctly to sales & COGS reports. Firstly, the sales report for the day will still show a total for the individual items sold that includes the refunded items. So for example if I sold 1 soda, and refunded 1 soda, the sales report says 2 sodas were sold. Secondly, the COGS report will correctly say only 1 soda was sold, BUT, it will show the costs of goods at the cost of 2 sodas. The net result is the one soda sold is shown on the report as a loss, because it is counting the cost of 2 sodas, and not just the 1 that sold. Which then causes the profit margin for the day to be incorrect. @_Violet 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Square Community Moderator

Hi @MountainHouse  - Thanks for reaching out👋

I'm going to consult with the Square for Retail Team on this one to get the best answer for you since they are trained in supporting this feature. I'll reach back out to you here once I gather more info!

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 8

Hi there again, @MountainHouse - Thanks for your patience here.

I was able to get in touch with a member of the Square Retail Product Development Team. They asked me to file a support ticket for this issue so they can take a closer look. I'll reach back out to you here once I receive an update.

Violet
Message 3 of 8
Beta Member

thank you!

Message 4 of 8

Hi there again, @MountainHouse - The engineer working on this issue is asking if you have a date range of when this occurred so we can investigate and verify the reports on the account. 

I'll keep an eye out for your reply!

Violet
Message 5 of 8
Beta Member

Hi there, they have reached out to me by email as well... The date is 08/18/23 at 11:45AM for $166.49. The COGS reports as of this minute is now corrected... I don't know if they fixed it, or if your system takes time to digest returns and accurately report them on the COGS report. I checked it both at close of business 08/18 and the next morning 08/19 and it was still reporting the duplicate costs. The sales report still incorrectly shows the items sold count though.  Thanks for all your help!!!! 🙂

Message 6 of 8
Beta Member

Hi there! @_Violet I have not heard anything back in the last week from anyone about this... 😞

Message 7 of 8

Hi there again, @MountainHouse - Sorry about that. From my understanding, I thought our Support Team was going to continue to assist you via email.

This was the last update I received on the Support Ticket: "I have looked at the sales report of 8/18 and I did not find anything incorrect there. the 166.49$ sold and refunded were not counted in the sales report total amount... Looks like we can’t confirm any issue with the sales report; can you confirm we’re good to go with this Seller for COGS/sales reports?"

Are you still experiencing any discrepancies in the report as of today? I'll keep an eye out for your reply!

Violet
Message 8 of 8