x

Can't find item template

I have looked everywhere.  There is no template in my items section.  You go there and across the top it says "Item library, modifiers, categories, discounts, taxes, gift cards, dining options."  Nowhere is there "Import/Export".  What the...?!?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square

To import/export items into your Square Dashboard, you'll need to switch over to an individual location dashboard, but I agree it is a little hidden.

To switch over to an individual location:

# Visit "Items":https://squareup.com/dashboard/items/library in your online Square Dashboard.
# Select an item from the list (the item information will display on the right of your screen.)
# Under Inventory, select your preferred location > click *Go.*

Once you are in your individual location Dashboard, you'll see the "import/export" button in the upper right hand corner. 

Message 2 of 6

After performing these steps, there is an error when attempting the download. I recently switched from PayPal specifically for this feature. Please resolve.

Message 3 of 6
Square

Hello @Freedo1. Just as a friendly reminder, per our Community Etiquette Guidelines, please don't post the same message in multiple places. While it might take us a few days to see your first post, we promise that we'll get around to it. 😀

Thank you for your understanding! 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 4 of 6

Sorry about that @Sean. It seems as though the problem was resolve last night. I was able to successfully download the template, import, and make adjustments to the inventory counts.

Thanks to the Dev team for resolving so quickly. 

Kindest regards, 

Darren. 

Message 5 of 6
Square

Apologies for the delay in follow up, I was out sick. 😕  Once I escalated this issue to our engineers, they were able to get it sorted out. So sorry for the inconvenience this caused! As always, feel free to comment with any follow up quesiton - I'm happy to help.

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 6 of 6