x

Cannot set appointment at client location via Android app

Hello everyone,

We use square appointments to schedule services for clients at our shop or at their home depending on which they choose. When I am in the office I schedule appointments via my desktop computer, but when I am out on the job I do so via the mobile app (Android). On my desktop it is easy to choose whether the appointment will be at our business location or the client's house. However, all appointments made via the mobile app default to our business location and there is no way to change it. This is causing major issues for us. At best the client is confused and will call for clarification, but at worst the client drives to our shop only to find that we are at their house. Additionally, my employees never know whether they are supposed to stay at the shop or go to the client's house. There has to be a way to fix this. Am I missing it, or is it really not there?

Thanks, 

Michael

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

I've run into this same issue.

I see clients at their location, but the Android app will not let me select their location when I book an appointment using the calendar in the app. It defaults to my business location and can't be changed. It works fine on desktop.

It's a problem because I then can't navigate to their location without a bunch of extra steps (looking up their info, finding the address, plugging it into the GPS..)

I think this is a bug.

Message 2 of 4

Tell me about it... this is a HUGE hassle. Since no one answered my concern on here, I ended up calling and they gave me the same answer they always do when I ask about blatantly missing features. It is on their list, but they are stretched thin and cannot provide a timeline for a fix. In the meantime, the workaround is to use an internet browser on your mobile device and make the appointment that way. Doing this allows you to select the location.

Here's my issue. My guys operate with a tablet and they certainly don't have my square login info. So when they schedule a client for their next appointment, they schedule it for "at our shop" and then I have to follow up with them and ask them if it's really at our shop, and if it's not, I have to change it retroactively. Meanwhile the client gets a confirmation email that says their next appointment is at the shop regardless of whether or not it actually is.

And they want to charge $50/month to add employees to square appointments? Get real. This location problem, combined with the fact that you can't add more than one employee to a job makes the whole feature utterly useless. The thing that bothers me the most is that choosing the location is literally a 10 minute fix. They already have the feature built into the web app. Send me your code and I will integrate the feature into the Android app for you so we can all use it.. and stop launching and charging for features that should still be in beta.

Message 3 of 4
Admin

@Effortless I'm sorry that we didn't get around to replying your first time around on this post. 

I can assure you that if we see any development being done in regards to this feature, we'll let you know here.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 4 of 4