x

Chip reader

My contactless chipcard reader is stuck on updating been that way for almost an hour. Not sure what to do
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

I've got 2 that I need to trade for the combo reader.  The contactless doesn't want to work with either of my tablets, and I'd prefer 2 of the "stick em in" varieties 🙂 .

Message 2 of 3
Square

@matheny00 Sorry to hear you are having trouble updating your reader! Double check that you are connected to a strong internet connection while attempting to update your reader. 

Also, if you haven't already, try reseting your reader by plugging the reader in for at least 20 minutes to be sure it's charged. While the reader is charging, use a bobby pin, pen cap, or paper clip to firmly press and hold the button on the reader for 20 seconds. After 20 seconds, release the button and wait 10 seconds. Press the button again to turn the reader on and observe any lights on the reader. If the reader lights turn on, you're all set. If the lights don't turn on, please try again and make sure to *firmly press and hold the reader's button for a full 20 seconds*.

@Krmlldy You can return your contactless + chip card reader here and repurchase a plug in here

Message 3 of 3