x

Connection Issue, enable WiFi or cellular data service

I am continuing to get a “connection issue, enable WiFi or cellular data to establish a secure connection” message when trying to log in to the square pos app on my iPhone. I have made sure WiFi and cellular data are both on. I have deleted and reinstalled the app multiple times. I have turned the phone on and off multiple times. Any suggestions on what I need to do to log in and use my card reader for sales? Thanks 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Alumni

Hi @srush - Thanks for trying those troubleshooting steps. Is the OS on your device up to date? What device do you have? And just to clarify, the same error message appears when trying wifi as well as cellular data? 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 9

Thanks for your response. Yes, I updated my OS with the latest update last week. I also made sure I had the most recent square app. I am using an iPhone 6S. I know it isn’t my square account because it works fine on an iPhone X. Thanks 

Message 3 of 9
Square Community Moderator

@srush thanks for letting us know. I'm gonna step in for Justin real fast. My recommendation for this would be to contact our Support Team. We may need to file a bug with engineering on this. I know you stated your iPhone 6s is at the lastest version, but make sure it's updated past iOS 11. Some older phones will say there are no updates available, but that's because they cannot update past a certain software level. 

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 9

My latest iOS update was to 14.2. Thanks 

Message 5 of 9

I a having this same isssue

Message 6 of 9

@srush how did you get it resolved?

Message 7 of 9

I never was able to get the problem resolved. I had to use a different phone in order to use the app. 

Message 8 of 9

It's a VPN on yoru phone. I just disabled mine and square worked, turned vpn back on and it immediately started the same no connection thing 

Message 9 of 9