x
Beta Member

Online Order Auto Ticket Printing Intermittently Not Printing

We have been using Square Online for customers to place orders for pickup in our restaurant. We have had great success and the auto-print feature for online orders worked perfectly for the first 2 months that we used it. Unfortunately in the past couple of weeks, we have had several tickets not print in our restaurant each day. We have days with several hundred online orders, and we now seem to be missing 5-10 a day that just don’t auto-print. The orders are arriving in the tablet, and the tablet is always on. We are at a loss on how to correct this problem. Any suggestions? 

Message 1 of 12
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi there, @HBFCJosh 👋 Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community! Goodness, so sorry to hear about the trouble with printing order tickets. This sounds very frustrating, indeed.

We are here to help!

Are you using the Square Stand when printing your order tickets? If so, would you mind walking through these specific troubleshooting steps? They will insure that both your POS app, as well as the actual device itself, are running the most up-to-date versions of their software - which normally irons out any outstanding wrinkles.

Keep me updated! Let me know if that helps.

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Best Answer

Hi there, @HBFCJosh 👋 Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community! Goodness, so sorry to hear about the trouble with printing order tickets. This sounds very frustrating, indeed.

We are here to help!

Are you using the Square Stand when printing your order tickets? If so, would you mind walking through these specific troubleshooting steps? They will insure that both your POS app, as well as the actual device itself, are running the most up-to-date versions of their software - which normally irons out any outstanding wrinkles.

Keep me updated! Let me know if that helps.

Joe
Message 2 of 12

I have been using the auto feature to print tickets as well.  As you mentioned in the past couple of weeks something has changed. Now our ticket will only print at the time the order is supposed to be picked up not when it was placed. Prior it was printing within a min or so of when the customer placed. What has changed. Even on the screen when you toggle the function on it says to "automatically print when orders are placed"?? I tried to talk to square about the issue but seems it went in one ear and out the other.

Message 3 of 12

Hi @droidbaker - Would you mind clarifying where you landed when you brought this to the attention of our Support Team? Did you speak to them directly about this issue?

Joe
Message 4 of 12

Yeah I called in about that issue was tranferred 3x on hold for almost an hour & when I finally talked to someone they told me other ways to turn on alerts etc but what I am getting at is that for months it has printed within moments of a customer placing the order. Now it prints at the extact time they pick up and not a moment before. So something has changed & needs to be "undone".  Even on the screen it states prints when placed. So somewhere you company rolled out an update that changed something.

Message 5 of 12

We started noticing the same thing a week or so ago as  @droidbaker after having used the online ordering platform since May. Did you find any fixes with @Square,  @Joe ? We haven't done any edits to the platform, nothing changed on our end, but now our employees note that half their tickets don't print (or show up even in the system) until the order is supposed to be ready, as opposed to 5-15 minutes ahead of time, when the order is placed. 

Message 6 of 12

Hi @Huck4301 - thanks for joining us and reaching out here on the Seller Community. So sorry to hear that this issue is also happening to your business.

We will need to get more hands-on visibility to your account and settings in order to best troubleshoot this for you. We will need you to flag this over to our Support Team as Droidbaker did, as well.

If need be, our Support Team can file a ticket with our Engineers to see where the issue lays.

Joe
Message 7 of 12

We are having the same issue. When I go through the settings I have noticed that the option to auto print online orders keeps resetting to off. We are constantly resetting it. It does not matter which version we are using with Square Stand.

Message 8 of 12

Hi Joe

We are a restaurant and have been using the online ordering pickup/delivery feature for about a month now.  We have had a problem with intermittent missing remote printing orders by customers using the QR code at their table. We use square terminals and also iPads as order entry devices, but the missing remote orders only has happened when the order originates from a QR code. What trouble shooting would you recommend. 

thank you very much 

Steve

Message 9 of 12
Alumni

Hi there @BANDVINE!
Welcome to the Seller Community 🍷🎷 

Our first bit of advice would be to run through some printer troubleshooting.

If that doesn't get you where you need to be, we would encourage you to get in touch with our team directly. They can take a look at your account with you to help a shine light here, as they are able look at your account alongside you in order to pinpoint what's going on here. Please reach out by phone or email when you have a moment by logging into your Square account and heading here.

Valentina
Message 10 of 12
Beta Member

Hi. We did not find out this was an issue until we had already converted our 12 units in January/February as we assumed that tickets would print immediately upon order. We do use poppinpay for our online/app orders. It doesn't make alot of sense to us throttle orders, we would rather just have them print when ordered and we can decide when to start prepping. Currently, they print just 15 minutes or so before pickup time which is our strandard prep time. However, a larger order sometimes pops up with only 10-15 minutes to make it and it causes problems.

Message 11 of 12
Alumni

Hi there @KrisHungryHobo 👋

It sounds like your order tickets are printing at the beginning of the designated prep time, as expected - is that right?

I want to make sure I'm understanding your post correctly before digging in - you're asking for a feature that would enable you to have all order tickets print immediately, regardless of the prep time you have set up. Does that sound on point, or am I missing the mark here?

P.S. Welcome to the Seller Community 

Valentina
Message 12 of 12