x

Contactless Reader Bluetooth not discoverable iPhone XR

I just received the new Contactless Chip reader which operates over Bluetooth. I went to pair it with my up to date (iOS version 12.1.2) iPhone XR and the device couldn't be found.  I did power cycle both devices.  The reader was flashing its' amber/yellowish dots to indicate in pairing mode.  Any ideas from the community?   I used a non-apple device and was able to see the reader advertising itself via bluetooth so I am thinking it isn't the reader but the iPhone.  

Message 1 of 3
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

were you trying to pair it via the Bluetooth menu in settings or via the Square app?  here is a video on how to connect it, and here is a help article on connecting a reader.  connecting to an iPhone XR should not be a problem.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

Best Answer

were you trying to pair it via the Bluetooth menu in settings or via the Square app?  here is a video on how to connect it, and here is a help article on connecting a reader.  connecting to an iPhone XR should not be a problem.

Message 2 of 3

Thank you for that tip.  Seemed to work.  First bluetooth device that pairs via an app instead of device bluetooth menu that I have.

Message 3 of 3