x

Could not log in to virtual terminal - resolved

Symptoms were a long delay after entering the address followed by a Square logo that filled the screen.  Scrolling down showed links, including a log in button, but clicking it resulted in error 404 - page not found.  Both Chrome and Firefox were tried, and other computers.  They all gave the same result. I attempted to call, but Square's phone system demanded a customer code.  I didn't have mine written down,  You had to log in to get it.  That was a catch 22.  I searched all my emails from Square and found one with the customer code.  Then I got to a CSR.  She couldn't help me, but while talking, I thought of trying an app on my phone through a different wi-fi.  That worked.  Strangely, as soon as I logged in on my phone, I could log in on anything.  Problem solved, but I don't really have a clue what happened.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Thanks for your post @ppit and I'm glad to hear this issue has already been resolved, it sounds pretty strange.

If it happens again these Dashboard troubleshooting steps should help. But if after trying those steps you still can't sign in, please take a screenshot, including the URL, and post here to let us know you're having trouble. With the screenshot we can escalate this to our Engineering team for you and figure out the root cause. Thanks for your patience today! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 2