x

Customer facing display on Square Register disconnecting frequently

Has anyone else had an issue with the customer facing display on their Square Register disconnecting? (The screen is just black with the square logo) It seems to be happening more frequently, usually we just have to restart the POS and it will come back on, but sometimes it does not work.  I thought maybe it was just us but another local business in town is having the same problem. Any solutions out there? It is frustrating when you go to ring up a customer and it won't connect.  

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Super Seller

Hello @AdornCapeCod thanks for your post. I'm sorry you're having trouble with this. This is an issue that is happening with other users. Please see this post for possible ways to correct this. I'm sorry I don't have an answer on why/how this is happening.

Message 2 of 6

Thank you, hopefully there will be a system fix for this bug as it does seem its happening to a lot of people. 

Message 3 of 6

Funny enough, mine started to say "Display Disconnected" or something like that with just the Square logo on the customer side of the screen. We have to hand enter credit card sales now and that is costing us more money per transaction. (Weird Square. Huh? ; ) )

I think it may have been a software auto update that caused it because my neighbor next door has the same issue and it satrted on the same day. Display reconnects SOMETIMES after physically disconnecting / reconnecting it, rebooting, etc., but doesn't STAY connected for long. Hope this helps everyone.

Some on Square. You're a great company. How could you let this happen? Let's get this fixed asap please. Also it would be great if you could admit to us that you are aware of the issue. You know, be transparent? Thanks.

Message 4 of 6

Our shop has been experiencing this same issue with a customer display connected by usb to our Square Register.  Initially, it only occurred once in a while after a nightly auto-update.  We rebooted the system and it would correct it.  Now, it is happening randomly during the day, 3 or 4 times a week--which is maddening when you're trying to complete a sale and can't dip or swipe credit cards.   We should not have to reboot the system multiple times a day--as well as having to pay the higher percentage cc fee because that piece of hardware stops working during a sale, forcing us to manually enter it. We need a solution to this.

Message 5 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hey @DMmoose,

Sorry trouble brings you to the Community, but I want to first welcome you here.

The fastest way to resolve complicated Square hardware questions is by reaching out to our team directly. The best way to reach out is by phone because we have a trained department that can walk you through troubleshooting steps and help you make adjustments in real-time. If you haven't already, please reach out directly by logging into your Square account and heading here or calling 1-855-700-6000.

Please let me know if I can assist you with anything else.

Message 6 of 6