x

I cant get my reader to swipe. Must do manually. How much more does that cost? How to get new one?

My reader does not read swipe. How much more did it cost me to enter manually?..how do i get a new one?
Tags (2)
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

any store sells them seen one at home depot today and I think its 3.25% for manual type

Message 2 of 5

Tried to use this with my old Android; I think I was swiping the wrong way. Is it still right to left on the IPhone I have now?

Message 3 of 5

I understand,  My reader doesn't swipe all the time either.  I got a new reader but that didn't help.  I have no idea what's wrong.

Message 4 of 5
Alumni

Hey everyone! @CashsCleaners is pretty close – a manually processed transaction runs 3.5% + 15¢ to process, which does add up quick. Let's see if I can help get you unblocked. We have 2 readers that accept magstripe swipes, so please read below for the reader that applies to you.

Magstripe-Only Reader

If you haven't already, please try all of these troubleshooting steps for the magstripe-only reader. If you've got a case on your phone, try using the reader without the case to see if that helps as well. 

If the troubleshooting steps don't work, you can reorder a magstripe-only reader for free. Log in to your dashboard, click "Order a Reader," and follow the instructions on screen. Additionally, you can also pickup a magstripe reader from a local Walgreens, Best Buy, Target, or other retail location, and we'll reimburse you the $10 it cost to purchase. Check this map to find a store close to you.  

Chip Card + Magstripe Reader

For the chip card + magstripe reader, try these troubleshooting steps first. Don't forget to try with the case off of your phone as well! If you're still not able to resolve, please fill out this warranty form, and we'll ship you a replacement.

Message 5 of 5