x

I tried the $652 payment at least 4 times even after his bank cleared all the declined transaction

: I tried the $652 payment at least 4 times even after his bank cleared all the declined transactions!!!!! So I finally just ran it thru my Quickbooks merchant account, and it went thru fine!!!!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

Not much information here to help you with.  If you were swiping a customers credit card Square doesn't determine if the transaction should be declined, that is what the customer's credit card company decides and passes it back to your terminal.  There are lots of variables like location card is being used, merchant code of account, past business, amount charged out of a pattern of the customer, etc.

Message 2 of 3
Alumni

Hi @mbecker - Square does not typically make the choice to decline payment cards. In nearly all cases, your customer's card issuer makes this decision. 

Since you were able to process the payment through another service, you may have a different Merchant Category Code on file that allowed the payment to process. Whenever a payment card declines, you should let your customer know to call their card issuer for more information. 

Message 3 of 3