x

Item variations not showing up on my square register menu

I set up items with variations for small medium and large beverage choice, but when I select the options on the menu for an order, I only see the first option.  I can't select the other two.  Am I missing something?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Admin

Hey @MarkLeddy. Appreciate you joining us here in the Community.

Are you noticing this happening for one particular item or is it every item that has a variation?

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 2 of 6

I figured it out.  It was happening on every item that had a variation.  I discovered that the Automatically Add Item to check button must be turned off if you have variations for an item.  At least the way I have things set up with variations, if it is turned on it automatically adds the first variation and you have no chance to make a selection.  My example is coffee.  I set it up with three sizes, small medium and large with different prices.  The default setting is with the Automatically Add Item to check button turned on.  When you go to select coffee it was immediately added to the check without option of selecting size.  Seems like the button should be automatically turned off if you have variables.

Message 3 of 6

Where is the Auto Add to Check button?

Message 4 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hello @I appreciate you joining the community! You can find "Automatically Add Item to Check" on your dashboard when creating or editing the item. It is under "Point of Sale Behavior". 

Message 5 of 6

This section is now called "Check out behavior" and the toggle should be off to show all variations.

Message 6 of 6