x

Message failure

I was using the Square Appointment app to message a few clients about updates. This is the same feature that sends out reminders to clients about their appointments and lets me know if they cancel. I have messaged at least one client and another has messaged me through it, but for some reason all the messages I sent about our updates failed to send. Is there a length limit to the messages? I can’t figure out why the reminder messages get sent out but this message I tried to send didn’t not. Anyone have any ideas?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Message 2 of 7

I wasn’t sending out a mass update, I was only updating a few specific clients. This does not seem out of the bounds of what the messaging feature is for so I don’t understand why it isn’t working. 

Message 3 of 7
Alumni

This sounds like a good question for our Appointments team, @MobilityGoals!

They can take a look at your account with you to help a shine light here. Since we don't have the ability to peek into account-specific details and settings with you here in the Seller Community, please reach out by phone or email when you have a moment by logging into your Square account and heading here.

P.S. Welcome to the Seller Community 

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 7

Thank you Valentina, I reached out to them. 

Happy to join!

-Lauren

Message 5 of 7

Hi Valentina,

I also got the same problem like the author I can't send the message to my clients. What should I so?

Message 6 of 7
Square Community Moderator

Hi @HannahNguyen339,

Thanks for getting in touch and sorry to hear about the trouble with your Square Appointments messaging!

If you're having trouble with the bi-directional chat function we offer, this might be due to a disruption we're experiencing at the moment. We're posting updates about this on issquareup.com and apologize for any inconvenience caused. Confirmation messages, and appointment reminders are not affected by this disruption. 

Message 7 of 7