x
Beta Member

My iPad POS won't load past 69% for the last four days.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app. 
I have tried with Square POS and Square Retail.

I have tried on three different wifi networks.
I have soft reset my iPad.
I have erased my entire iPad and reinstalled the apps.
My iPad is up to date using iOS 16.6. It is a model MYN92LL/A, an 8th Gen.
I have tried it on my older iPad to try and keep my business moving but it does not load on it anymore either. It worked last month when I used it at a convention.

I can open the dashboard on my computer and even on the iPad. I can run the app on my Android phone. But I can't use the app with my cash drawer and all my other accessories and it's slowing me down. I spent four useless hours on the chat support with nothing solved and only having me re-do all the things I have done. It is infuriating. I have had problems with the app on my previous iPad, and occasionally on this one, but usually it loads after a couple tries. This has been sticking at the same percentage for days.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Community Moderator

Hello @LongHairSally 

Sorry to hear about this experience. Quick question... Do you use open tickets at your point of sale? Typically, this happens whenever you have exceeded the allocated memory Apple Allows users to have within an app.  I will be keeping an eye out for your reply.

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 3
Super Seller

I had this exact issue with the app on my phone. I called into square wednesday and they opened a support ticket. It just started working again yesterday when I randomly tried to open the app. 

My Girlfriend's Wardrobe est. 2012

Preston & jayne est. 2023

Downtown York Pa

Square user since 2012
Message 3 of 3