x
Beta Member

Older iPad 2s and 3rd Generation Running Slowly & Freezing

We have 4 ipads in our business. We have one iPad Air and three iPad 2s/iPad 3rd Generation, not sure which. In the last few weeks, the older iPads have started running sluggishly and freezing for a few seconds. Is this a know issue? Any remedies?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

There is a major problem with square right now that they aren't telling anyone about. Do not update to current iOS system. 

Message 2 of 4
Super Seller Alumni

The iPads are old and it is time to upgrade.  I just took our last iPad 2 out of service because of this issue.  It wasn't just Square that was slow it was everything.  Square like other software companies is trying to do more and more with there apps, that requires more power.  The iPad 2 is 6 and iPad 3 is 5 years old.  That is OLD when it comes to technology.  You should have a plan to replace these devices every 5 years to keep pace.

Message 3 of 4
Super Seller

100% agree iPad 2 is obsolete, even my kids don't use it as an iPad handme down.  Now is the perfect time to buy as black Friday is bringing good sales.  I have seen the new iPad at $249 at target down from $329 which is already a good price.

Message 4 of 4